Originally Posted by Northerner
I'm about to buy a new (2013) Roo19. I have my search narrowed down to 2 units at 2 different dealerships. Both are listed as 2013's. But one has the "Austin" interior fabric, which the Rockwood website doesn't currently show as an option.
1) How can I be sure that it really is a 2013 and not 2012,
2) what changes have they made on 2013 Roos?
3) Have thay made any changes to minimize bunk-end leakage on recent models?
Thanks for any info/advice. Looking forward to hybrid camping!
Have you made your choice yet? Here are my two cents for what its worth. I've spent lots of time researching Roo's and purchased in December and have discovered that there are sometimes subtle differences between campers that were built not more than a couple weeks apart..with the same model...floorplan..and even same colors. Go figure.
1. When you buy a camper in May 2012 that was built in March 2012 and its called a 2013 I'm not sure why that should be called a 2013 at all. My Roo has a build date stamped October 2012 and is called a 2013.
2. My Roo comes with LED's throughout. Thats a pretty big change. I will be doing lots of dry camping so thats a huge plus and saves me about $350 because I dont have to convert over. My camper has a build date of 10/17/2012 and it comes with LED's yet this weekend I was at the local camper show and I went thru the same camper as mine with a build date of 9/7/2012 and it did not have LED's. Go figure. The Roo brochure for 2013 says that LED's are standard in Roo's but evidently not until sometime between those dates.
As for colors take a look at the two pictures I posted. Both are from the dealer I purchased from and both are the same model, floorplan, and interior colors. Everything is the same. Yet look at the little swoop that is a different color. Explain that one. Who knows why they do what they do. Both campers were built within a couple of weeks of each other. My color scheme btw was Taylor Sand with Cherry cabinets and all fabric. None of that "fleather" like material. I asked a dealer what that stuff was and thats what he called it. I busted out laughing and so did he. Some people like it and others dont. I'm in the latter camp.
3. I have no idea what they have done with the bunk leak issues. I have read about it on here but have tried counting up the number of actual people who have posted with issues and it seems rather limited in number compared to owners who havent mentioned it. You'd think if they are on here and have had issues they would mention it. To those with issues...my heart goes out to you. Buddy of mine said...hope they didnt put your unit together late on a Friday before a holiday weekend when everyone wants to get home.
I'd love to hear about your purchase when you make the decision. I am looking forward to picking mine up in a few weeks.