Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2007, 04:18 AM   #1
zagles

Ready to get the Roo

Hello, this is my first post on this website. I am a regular on hybrid explorer and popup explorer. After 3 years of waiting I have decided to get the Roo. I have had 2 popups a 1997 Viking and a 2006 Viking. Sold the 06 and ready to get the roo. Have a question for anyone who owns either a 23RS or a 26 RS. I want the 26RS but I would like to see what people think of them. I was already to buy the 23 but then changed my mind to the 26 main reason bunk space in the front with 3 kids. I tow with a Durango with a hemi so that should not be a problem just wondering what you all thought thanks
zagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #2

Zagles....welcome to Forestriver forums.

Get the 26RS.......we have the 25rs and love the space with the slide out sofa and second door, but....and this is a big BUT, we wished we went with the 26RS, actually ours is for sale and hopefully we will have the 26rs by next spring.

We have three kids also and with the younger one at 5, we can't seem to think for the next 5+ years he will like to sleep on that pull-out.

The only difference between the 23RS and the 26RS is the four bunks, same floor plan just with the four beds at the front.

Other than what we wished we had purchased, we love the Roo, no problems at all with ours and your Durango with the hemi will do just fine pulling the 26
rs, just make sure you have the WD bars and Sway control.

I see your from Ohio, are you purchasing from rvwholesalers? I believe they are in your state. I was looking at them and with the Candadian dollar being as good as it is, I may be purchasing from them myself.

MrSen

Night's camped in 2010 36
MrSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:57 PM   #3
zagles

Thanks for your advice. We looked at the 25RS for a little while too. I am going to go with the 26. I have 3 girls 4, 6, and 13 so I think the bunks would be the best bet, even though there should be some fighting up there, thats why they have a door (ha ha). I have liked the roo since they first came out. But we have been pup campers for a while, I bought a new one in 06 and regreted not getting the roo then. But it sold very quickly, so that is why I am going with the roo. Yes I am from cleveland and yes I will be buying from RV wholesalers the prices just cant be beat in my mind. There is another online dealer called RV Direct depending on where you are in Canada they maybe closer, they have outlets in NY and IN. Will do with the sway bars and wdh. Thanks again.
zagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:35 AM   #4

Welcome to the Forest River forums Zagles. Let us know when you get the new rig and post some pictures. We like pictures.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:52 AM   #5
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Welcome Zag!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #6

Here's a hello from Southeast Michigan.
Hope your enjoy the site.