Old 07-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #51
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prothos View Post
Everyone that i know here in Texas have not enjoyed them. The summers are just to hot for the ac to keep up. Had one person i know that ended up leaving the beds folded up and slept on the dinett/bed
I have to respectfully disagree.
Being on numerous Hybrid forums, for the past 9 years, i know of many happy Texas and Florida hybrid owners.
But they have educated themselves on how to make the canvas ends stay and retain the coolness.
PUG's and Reflectix are the most common cures.
And i'm sure that there are lots of happy Texas popup owners, which are even harder to keep cool.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #52

Happy Texan with a Roo 23ss here. We've camped a few nights over the last couple of months - the pugs are wonderful and help greatly. I've not yet purchased the reflectix but will probably do so prior to our next trip.

We've made sure to plan our summer camping with swimming in mind - too much fun swimming at the lake, or canoeing around, taking a dip here and there. The wife and I agree that water must be a primary focus during the hot summer months, the rest is gravy.

Camped for 12 nights in 2015 - too many cancellations
Camped for 25 nights in 2014!
Camped for 24 nights in 2013!
RedStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I have to respectfully disagree.
Being on numerous Hybrid forums, for the past 9 years, i know of many happy Texas and Florida hybrid owners.
But they have educated themselves on how to make the canvas ends stay and retain the coolness.
PUG's and Reflectix are the most common cures.
And i'm sure that there are lots of happy Texas popup owners, which are even harder to keep cool.
well i did say everyone i know. and that being about 7 hybird owners or past owners. i have talked to a few at variuos places while shopping for an rv that was trading there's in. im sure there are plenty of owners that like them here.
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #54

We never had trouble staying cool during the heat wave last summer. At Lake Rudolph I swear it hit 110. We always used the Pop Up Gizmos Solar Covers on the ends. I always felt they really helped. The AC had no issues keeping the trailer cool, but it was working hard.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #55

We own an 18' surveyor hybrid here in sunny(and hot) central Florida. I love camping during summer! It's my favorite season for staying at the beach or the springs. Our ac keeps our unit real cold. In fact I put the baby to sleep in fleece pajamas because he will freeze without! And the rest of us sleep in sweats. Whatever temp keeps my hubby happy. Lol Maybe we don't have the temp issues in the bunk ends because our trailer is so small. Which if I did have a complaint, it would be the size. It gets kinda cramped during long rains with 3 kids bouncing around. Happy camping!
Old 08-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #56

We have had a 21 foot Kodiak since 2006, we loved it. Being short (only 5'3'') the putting up of the sides was the biggest challange. We never had a leak. It was very light to tow. Moving up to a Class C this week. Looking forward to having new challanges.

bb920 is offline   Reply With Quote