Old 07-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #1

Roo 19 and RTL19 ROO?

I am trying to make a decision about a hybrid. Getting confused about the types. We love the Rockwood ROO 19 and were ready to purchase from a dealer 8 hrs away because we cannot find what we want for the price we can get from them but, even though the dealer says the camper is the same (pictures look the same) the dealer has the camper listed on the Paper work as 18' 1" and Listed as a Rockwood Lite RTL19ROO. Now, I am real concerned about giving $1000. to hold till we get there in a few days. Anyone have any input as to the differences?

Old 07-13-2010, 03:25 AM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

i answered your other post.
the RTL19ROO is the official model name for the Roo 19. i think it designates "Rockwood Trailer 19 Roo".

the 18' 3" sounds like the length of the box while the 20' 3" should be the bumper to tongue length.

what dealer are you buying from? check with RVW or RVDirect first, before making a decision. they are the top 2 Roo dealers in the country.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #3

thanks for the info

I checked with both and they didn't have any soon enough. Tom Raper in Ohio has a price that is comparable and available now. The salesman assured me that the camper is a Rockwood ROO19 but, it is listed as the Rockwood LiteRTL19ROO. He also verified the length and said he didn't know why it was listed as 18'1". It just makes me wander. All there ROOs are listed as RTL.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:20 AM   #4
Moderators' Assistant

i think RTL stands for Rockwood Trailer.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #5

We have had nothing but problems with ours leaking. (5 times at dealer) Just picked it back up with the entire front bunk replaced under warranty; after a week with some rain I just opened it and water poured out in buckets =(
I am at wits end & really enjoy our Roo but not sure what we will do after this. In NE Ohio & would not ever go back to that dealer in Cleveland again!!