Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2010, 11:10 PM   #1

Roo 19L

We are looking at purchasing the Rockwood Roo 19L- the toyhauler. We will be pulling it with a Ford Expidition. We live in Colorado- so much of our travel will be in the mountains. We can't find a dealer with this model in stock- will have to order it without seeing it. Does anyone have this model that could tell me your opinion? It will be our first camper- so we need all the advise we can get! Thanks!
randtbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Looks like a nice trailer, and should be fine except for maybe one thing. The tongue weight is listed as 300 pounds empty. Being a front deck model, any toys you haul are going to add to that tongue weight, plus some of the gear may also add. As an example, I haul 2, 500 pound motorcycles in my Work and Play, so this wouldn't work for me as it would put my tongue weight over 1300 pounds. If you are only hauling one 4-wheeler, you should be fine. Just remember on the models with the front deck, the toys add to the tongue weight. Also on here on are some post about the front bed leaking on the hybrids. Might want to do a search in the hybrid section. Good Luck.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote