Old 09-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
Hi all, I'm interested in your screen room discussions as well. We had a Rockwood high wall with screen room, it was a Carefree Colorado and zippered to the bag awning. It did very well in storms as the edges of the awning were attached to the walls with said zippers so as wind could not get under the awning. We now have a 2012 Roo 183 with an A&E awning. We had the dealer throw in a A&E Patty O'Room to close deal. I found out over the last couple of days that I may not be able to use it as it does not attach at sides with zippers, it has it's own rafter bars to install, and in the instructions it clearly states that the walls should be inside the awning sides by a minimum of 3 inches. Problem is, with the 183, the door opens right at the awning edge and has a gas strut to hold door open (door cannot open completely against outside wall due to awning arms) and the strut and bracket would hit the room rafter and/or side wall, and the wall would be right at the awning edge or even outside of awning...... absolutely idiot design not taking that into consideration!

2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
2012 R00 183
delivered 2 Sep 2011

2012 nights camped = 27
2011 nights camped = 22
Canuck_Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:47 AM   #12
Alleged curmudgeon
While the rafter bar installation does not seem insurmountable, that door location challenge is a frustrating and perplexing issue. In the initial reply to this thread above, 47leaf stated they encountered this same problem, except in their case, the walls needed to be 8 inches inside the edge of the awning. I'm not sure there is a practical answer for that problem.

2013 Windjammer 3008W
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0L w/Equalizer 4
Nights camped: 2012 (29); 2013 (26); 2014 (40); 2015 (43); 2016 (35)
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote