Old 07-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Shamrock 23IKSS

So our unit is just a couple of weeks old(2014), and it seems that when we slide out the dinette/couch it is VERY noisy and makes loud popping sounds. Then dealer was not concerned, I was just looking for other owners to see if it is the same for them. If its "normal" then we are not concerned.

The Happy Campers
Erin (the wife)
Nick (the dog)
and sometimes the M-I-L
Reynolds551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
I would say ours is pretty loud as well, loud enough that if our service tech hadn't told us it should sound like it did I would think something was wrong. It's also loud when fully extended or retracted when the clutch engages.

How do you like your 23 Ikss?

2011 Nissan Titan, 2013 Nissan armada
2014 rockwood roo 23ikss
2013 nights camping - 13
Scottnlaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
Moderators' Assistant
is this your first slideout?
if so, it sounds pretty normal but not sure what your definition is of "loud".
what's the other slideout like and are both slideouts made by the same manufacturer?

but don't let the slideout "pop" or "click" very long. the minute it starts doing that, release the switch.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
This is the first year with our unit also. The dinette slide does make a fair amount of noise while in motion. This is the gears meshing together with the rack on the slide, our dealer advised keeping them well lubricated with a spray can of lubricant sold at the time. When the slide becomes fully advanced or returned there is a clicking sound from the clutch slipping. This is normal and you should release the switch quickly. After a few setups we now are able to watch the slide and know when the full extend of travel is near and can release the switch on the first click of the clutch. We have also noticed that the slide makes more noise while returning than advancing.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours.
Gregg, Karen and Devin

2013 Shamrock 23IKSS
2012 F150 FX4 5.0L
Engauge is offline   Reply With Quote