Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #1

SV-192T winterizing

I have a question, this is our first self contained (almost) camper and we love it.. now is the time to winterize. I followed the instructions in the manual... drained everything, bypassed the heater, blew out the lines as best I could. Filled the fresh water tank with RV antifreeze (about 6 gallons in)... turned the pump on and foam came out of the faucets.. no antifreeze. I called the place where I purchased the camper and they told me not to put antifreeze in the holding tank even though the directions did. They told us to use the kit that was factory installed under the bathroom sink directly from the antifreeze bottle... that worked great.

However even though we are never going to use the fresh water tank I need the get that antifreeze out of there. The problem is, is that the drain located under the camper which is about 3 inches long with a nut on it. When taken off only about a tablespoon of antifreeze came out? I went to the back of the camper and there is a red and blue hose about the same length with the caps on it.. unscrewed those as well and the same thing. Anyone have any ideas about how to drain this tank?

I had a pop up and winterized that through the holding tanks and there was a brass fitting on the tank where I could drain. I had full access to it, this camper has a covering under the entire camper so the undercarriage is protected. I can't see the tanks to see if there is another drain..

Any info would be great and appreciated... thanks all.
aextremeskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #2

Sorry I answered this in another thread before seeing this. Why not leave it till spring? its antifreeze right? I guess you could fill your tank with water and use the faucet but you still have to drain it.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #3

lol.. yeah I know I posted this somewhere else.. (Im new...) Oh well.. Like I posted on the other one. I do have to drain it.. just need to figure out how to. I guess I can just fill it with water after this winter and see what happens. I was going to try and look underneath to see if the undercarriage protection comes off so I can get to it to see for sure. I can't seem to think that that drain is clogged.. I just bought the thing this year and all that has gone into it is water (from the dealer) and antifreeze.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:20 AM   #4

No problem. I usually sign in then hit the new posts on the menu. That way you don't have to cruise every forum. Anyway from the other thread it seems you have the answer! My setup is a little different. It holds water when drained but probably only about a quarter gallon.

Tags
surveyor