Old 07-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #1

Thoughts on the Roo 232L?

Curious if there is anyone who could give us feedback on the 2010 Roo 232L. We're highly considering getting one after looking at it yesterday. Is this a good durable trailer, especially when dry camping in the boonies? We have 2 small high-energy girls and a 65lb Boxer that is still growing. We plan to put our quad on the front deck.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!!

Old 07-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

with only one quad, i'd seriously opt for the regular 232. the cargo area on it is 4' long, making the trailer length around 27'. going with the L model will make the trailer length around 31'. that's a lot of trailer to manage and it may limit the kind of campsites available to you.
if you had a more than one ATV, then maybe the L would be worth handling the extra length.

my 23' is enough trailer for me to handle.

as far as it's durability, these trailers are not designed for off-road trips. any extended time off of pavement would probably do some permanent damage.
but for regular use, our '07 Roo 23SS is still going strong and we love it.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #3

Thanks, Bikendan!

We do plan to get another quad (eventually). For now, we're going to use the extra deck for the girls' bikes and other storage tubs (keeping it lightweight). We also thought using the deck sort of like a patio, putting a canopy over it.

You have a very good point about the length allowed at some of the campgrounds. I think 32' is the max for some. However, we plan to head out on our own while staying on pretty good roads. I'm glad you mentioned the off-road because we now know not to push it.

Another question, we plan to tow with our 2007 Chevy Avalanche (4WD, 5.3, 4.10 ratio). The tow weight will be no problem, just a little concerned about our wheelbase vs the length of the trailer. Technically, the trailer is 23' feet long so it should be fine, right?

Really appreciate your feedback!
Old 07-23-2009, 03:13 AM   #4
Moderators' Assistant

no, the trailer is not technically 23'. it's going to be 34', counting the tongue. the box will be around 20'.

FR's specs show the 232L is 33' 11" long! that usually is from tongue to bumper.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #5

Are we pushing it if we pull this (long) trailer with our Avalanche? (We would get the sway bars, equalizer hitch, brake controller, etc.)
Old 07-25-2009, 03:44 AM   #6
Moderators' Assistant

as far as weight, i don't think so. but i camp in state parks and i don't think a 34' trailer would fit in a lot of sites.

if you are boondocking, then you should be alright as long as you have room for that length.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #7

Perfect and thanks again for your insight!
Enjoy your weekend!