Old 01-17-2011, 04:44 PM   #1

TV Mount in 233s

Greetings,

Any 233s owners install a TV mount on or near the TV shelf as you walk in the door. I would like to install a full motion mount for a 19" LCD as the shelf is just too high for the kids (and adults ) to comfortably view. Kinda funny...used to worry years ago about getting my tent, stove, sleeping bags, etc. in the vehicle. Now I'm worried about mounting a TV? My, how things have changed! Let's get this winter over with!!!!!

Thanks!!!

2011 Rockwood Roo 233S
2008 Chevy Express 3500 Explorer Conversion
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

if you supplied a pic of where you want to put it, those that don't have your particular floorplan, may have done a similar install and may have a similar location.

reason is that there aren't many 233S owners out there, not even on RV.net's Hybrid Forum.
you might also ask some of the 233 owners since it's the same basic floorplan, except for the sofa slide.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to get over to the camper and grab a quick pic soon.

Thanks

2011 Rockwood Roo 233S
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Old 01-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #4

Can't help you with the TV mount just yet, but we can at least provide some company as a new 2011 Roo 233S owner. Ours didn't come w/ the TV and we'll need to do the same thing you're trying to so our 3 little boys can watch comfortably. Please share your solution.

We signed the paperwork yesterday and pick our unit up next month. That gives us a little time to get it equipped, including a TV install, before trying it out this spring. We're very excited as this is our first RV.
Manassas, VA
2011 camping days booked - 18 and counting
allards5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #5

allards5....congrats on your new purchase! I hope you enjoy the new rig, as we have thoroughly enjoyed ours, so far. We've owned three different popups over the years before we got the HTT last June and have had great times in all of them. I will tell you that the floor plan in the 233s has been great for our family of six. Plenty of room. I have had a few minor issues with the camper that the dealer hopefully took care of...nothing substantial, just part of owning a camper. If you have any questions just yell. I'm still trying to make it over to get a pic of the TV shelf for others to see. While my camper is stored inside, I'm just not too motivated to go out in the snow and cold to go work on it yet. The fever is rising, though!

Congrats and good luck!

2011 Rockwood Roo 233S
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Old 01-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #6

I too am interested and ordered the 233S. So at least there are 3 of us here.

We wanted the third bed with the extra room of the dinette slide versus the SS model where we would have lost the third bunk.

As an aside, we bought ours through Tropical RV in Fla. They said the 233S was quite popular...maybe the owners are just into the internet and forums?
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
ve6dave

We also have a 233S and I have been looking for a small articulating mount for the TV. I haven't quite figured whether to mount to the base or to beef up the cabinet behind the cable connections. I am leaning more towards beefing up the cabinet. I will post what I have done once I get started on the installation. Currently the trailer is buried in snow in the storage yard.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve6dave View Post
We also have a 233S and I have been looking for a small articulating mount for the TV. I haven't quite figured whether to mount to the base or to beef up the cabinet behind the cable connections. I am leaning more towards beefing up the cabinet. I will post what I have done once I get started on the installation. Currently the trailer is buried in snow in the storage yard.
Check out this thread: Tv mods on 28a+

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #9

I am thinking the wall with all the wiring/stereo has too much going on and will not really have the space or support there.. I was thinking articulating mount and drop the oven hood down, bolt up through the base...fender washers on top and bottom and remount oven hood.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #10

My 233S TV solution

I simply drilled a hole through my 22" Samsung TV stand and screwed it down. I can see it fine from anywhere on that side of the RV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	233S TV.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	6289   Click image for larger version

Name:	233S TV screw.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	6290  

Tags
233, 233s, tv mount