Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2016, 04:59 AM   #21

Thanks for all the great input! I think I've convinced my husband to go in for a sleep study based on some of the feedback here (and a few PMs I got).

I really do love sleeping under canvas, so that's part of the lean towards a hybrid. We've decided we're going to wait at least a year from now before making any decision, so I think we'll have to check out the Camper & RV shows when they are town and really spend some time in some of these models.

2016 Viking 2108st Pop up
2016 Ford Escape
sarahlizz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:19 PM   #22
Take The Road Less Travld

I tow my 233s with anm F150 easily. I have the tow package added for better mirrors and built in break controller. The break controller was my favorite part. I had a cheap-o that was either on or off when hitting the breaks. Now the new controller applies the breaks in acordance to how hard I press the break. Much better.
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:40 PM   #23

I saw this was a few months old but it popped up because of the last post. Some think I am crazy because I have purchased 3 new campers in 3 years. I have bought year end clearance close outs and got a good enough price to avoid the original huge loss. I have been lucky and sold all 3 for almost what I paid for them and now have a brand new upgrade on order. I would think the normal thing to do would be to keep. (i did loose sales tax and plates on each)
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:00 PM   #24

A new f150 3.5ecoboost will tow a big camper just fine. It also will be quite a joy to drive the other 90% of the time. I enjoyed my 2005 2500 Duramax a lot while towing. Day to day not so much. My brother just bought a 2015 F150 and it is a dream in comparison day to day. Both trucks have about the same tow rating. Not towing the F150 is wayyy quicker acceleration and gets better mileage. Towing the mileage is better with the Duramax but those miles are a fraction of the not towing miles. Overall you will spend more on gas with a diesel unless you tow more then you run empty. The new F150 is just flat out a capable truck, the new F250 is more capable but at what cost? Compared to 10 year old diesels the new F150 is pretty amazing. I would also wait and see if they put the new Raptor 450hp 3.5 and 10 speed in the standard F150. I think they will once they sell a few Raptors. Don't get a Raptor as their special high travel off road suspension is not as good for towing and they are stupid expensive unless you are a Baha racer.
Hersbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:08 AM   #25

I cant offer much input on trading in your pup which is the original thread topic, buy my wife and I were in the same position with my snoring. I finally went in to get a sleep study done to appease my wife. They ended up finding that I had a very mild case of sleep apnea and prescribed a CPAP. I hated the thing for about the first week because it was so uncomfortable and would take some getting used to. After that I realized I was sleeping so much better, not getting up 30+ times a night, and in a better mood when I got up the next day because I actually feel rested. The snoring is gone all together, which made the wifey happy.
Finster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlizz3 View Post
After many years of tent camping, my husband and I bought a pop up (new, but last model year discount). It's so much better than a tent, but we are not realizing that it's not really what we wanted for the long run.

The pop up is much faster to set up than a tent, but I hate how cramped everyone is in it (2 adults, 1 very active 4 year old, and 2 fifty pound dogs). Once we are all in there, no one can move in any direction. Also, there is no where to put anything once we are there and it's always a mess of bags and bins. So, we're looking at hybrids, (particularly the Roo or Shamrock 233s).

My question is: is it crazy to upgrade so soon? Has anyone else upgraded within a year of purchasing a camper? Are we better off sucking it up with the pop-up and waiting another year or two? Or will the continued depreciation make it not really matter?

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated!
Me and my wife originally bought a Starcraft 16rb. A small two bed hybrid.

It was just us and two 50 pound dogs. Then we adopted two girls, 8 and 5.

One rainy camping trip and we traded it for a 233s. It makes camping so much more enjoyable.
jcarlilesiu is offline   Reply With Quote