Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #1

Water pressure

Evening gents,

Here is my first problem with my new RV.

The kitchen faucet has very low water pressure on the cold water only. The hot water is fine. The bathroom sink has good pressure on the cold and hot.

I located this litle black box in line with the cold water line.

I remember and episode of and RV program that mentioned this. Is this the culpret or could it be my new faucet?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6017.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	3968  
Eric F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #2

What is that? I would definitely try to bypass that with a threaded coupler first. Check your inline water filter, and the faucet screen at the spout, as well. My camper had plastic shavings from cutting the PVC, I guess in the screen, making the water flow very slowly out of the bathroom faucet. I unscrewed the screen and cleaned out the shavings, and all is good now. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #3

HI! there Eric , the picture show it fully open. Have you taken the cold water side of the faucet loose & see what you got on the line. IF you have a good line pressure, It maybe just trash in the faucet. Which you can try to blow out with the line off. If it low line pressure you can also blow it out back to the water heater with it drained. Keep all other faucets closed.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:57 PM   #4

Thanks for the info. I will disconnect the cold water line tomorrow and see what I can see. My next step will be to disassemble my new faucet and see if there is anything inside.
I will keep you posted.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric F. View Post
Thanks for the info. I will disconnect the cold water line tomorrow and see what I can see. My next step will be to disassemble my new faucet and see if there is anything inside.
I will keep you posted.
Sometime it plugs in the valve body below the seat & is hard to see. if you disassemble it you may not see anything. I have used some of that key board cleaner canned air to blow it.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #6
Site Team

i'll bet it's trash caught in the faucet. this is not that unusual to happen.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:23 AM   #7

Sounds like a defective faucet with a bad cartridge on the cold side.Try removing the cartridge and check for trash stopping up the cartridge.Just a note ,sometimes its easier just to replace the faucet if your not familier with the faucet design.And then again some are designed in a way they can't be repaired.
toolmangj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #8

Problem 1 solved!

I took the faucet out and there was a plastic little ball in each line. They appear to be designed to prevent water from going back into the water line. they are in their own little tube in the line and move up when the water is on, then drop down when the water is off.
The ball on the cold water side had moved out of the tube and was on top. So when the water was on it moved all the way up and blocked the line.
I just removed them both and the tubes. Put it back together. Water works fine now.
One down!!
Old 12-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #9

Glad you found the problem. Sound like a check valve, I have never seen them in a faucet, thank for your update. Something else to look for.