Old 11-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #21

Couple other items you may do or not do. I take packing tape and cover the heater exhaust. I take kitchen trash bags and cover the fridge access panel(s) and water heater panel. These help keep out the bugs and spiders while sitting there for 6 months.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:44 PM   #22
Summer2Go

I may not have hooked up the compressor right. I had drained the water about two months ago, so either I did a good job then, or I didn't hook up the compressor right. I got no water anywhere... a drop in the bathroom sink. I found a plastic blow out plug at Wamart, and attached the tire attachment piece over it. It seemed to fit OK and no air was escaping. But I was expecting to see some kind of results in the sinks...? I also opened the low point drains and got water the second I opened them. Pulling the anode rod revealed an awful lot of white crusty crap in the hot water heater! I tried to shoot the garden hose in there to rinse it out. Is that normal? And do you leave the rod out all winter with no plug in the hole? This is my first time with a trailer. I see no reason why I can't do this myself, I just have to learn.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 11-27-2015, 06:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2Go View Post
I may not have hooked up the compressor right. I had drained the water about two months ago, so either I did a good job then, or I didn't hook up the compressor right. I got no water anywhere... a drop in the bathroom sink. I found a plastic blow out plug at Wamart, and attached the tire attachment piece over it. It seemed to fit OK and no air was escaping. But I was expecting to see some kind of results in the sinks...? I also opened the low point drains and got water the second I opened them. Pulling the anode rod revealed an awful lot of white crusty crap in the hot water heater! I tried to shoot the garden hose in there to rinse it out. Is that normal? And do you leave the rod out all winter with no plug in the hole? This is my first time with a trailer. I see no reason why I can't do this myself, I just have to learn.

Buy one of these or make one.

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...BLwQzUoIrAIwAA
Old 11-29-2015, 10:28 AM   #24
Summer2Go

But what do you do with the anode rod? Do you stuff a rag in the water heater?

Old 11-29-2015, 07:00 PM   #25

I have a question about your AV suck tube.

Is this not hooked up to the city water line? How do you get a suction? I use the line that comes off my fresh water tank and use the water pump to create the suction. It would be so much easier for me to use the city water line.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:15 PM   #26
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
I have a question about your AV suck tube.

Is this not hooked up to the city water line? How do you get a suction? I use the line that comes off my fresh water tank and use the water pump to create the suction. It would be so much easier for me to use the city water line.

Vin.
That is the antifreeze input port. The port next to it is the city water connection.

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
We did our final campout this weekend at Normandy Farms. I have my final week of vacation, so perfect time to winterize Bertha. I am a belt and suspenders man, so blow and pink stuff for me. I already had a home made blow out adapter, so I just got some tubing and a barbed nipple to make a antifreeze suck tube. Also made a water filter bypass. Well winterizing this thing is a piece of cake with the factory setup.

My AF suck tube
Attachment 93592

My water filter bypass.
Attachment 93593

I used up 2 gallons, including pouring a bunch down each P trap. I had bought 3 when we had a 20 degree night a few weeks back, where I blew out the lines and added some to the P traps. So, I got 2/3 of a gallon left.

I like the water filter bypass and I have a 2015 23IKSS so the space in the back compartment is hard to get to, so I am thinking of moving that filter outside, such a pain but like your idea

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-09-2015, 07:30 PM   #28
Summer2Go

So I guess most people put the anode rod back in? Our weather has been so warm here I am still toying with the winterization stuff. It hasn't gone below 30 degrees but maybe once for a few hours. Usually it's been freezing every night by now. Crazy weather!

Old 12-10-2015, 11:07 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2Go View Post
So I guess most people put the anode rod back in? Our weather has been so warm here I am still toying with the winterization stuff. It hasn't gone below 30 degrees but maybe once for a few hours. Usually it's been freezing every night by now. Crazy weather!

Put the rod back but flush out the tank and put all new tape on the end of the rod so it is all set for Spring but don't forget to put the hot water heater in bypass before winterize F the rest of your RV

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-10-2015, 07:53 PM   #30
Summer2Go

I was waiting for the warrantee work on my toilet to ask about a few winterization items, but now I got an early January appointment. I don't think I can wait until then to get it all done right.

Tags
roo, winter, winterize