Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2019, 08:10 AM   #1

Charleston AFB RV Park

We are thinking of staying at Charleston AFB rvpark. Saw one comment about the noise being so bad because the many planes taking off and landing. Will not bother me when I take my hearing aids out but the wife it would bother at night.

Anyone ever stay there if so is the noise bad at nighttime?
Brucecav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:47 PM   #2

Oh well made the reservations will let you know hopefully it was not to noisy at night on the base. Read somewhere the Famcamp is beside the runway hope it is not buy at night. We will be there Oct 19,20 and21st never toured Charleston before.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:24 PM   #3
waybeck2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucec View Post
Oh well made the reservations will let you know hopefully it was not to noisy at night on the base. Read somewhere the Famcamp is beside the runway hope it is not buy at night. We will be there Oct 19,20 and21st never toured Charleston before.

News reports were of some significant flooding in Charleston a couple weeks ago. Hope they have recovered and all sights are accessible. I went to school there and was stationed in Charleston (Navy) for several years. A beautiful and intriguing city. Good luck.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:34 PM   #4

We have stayed at joint base Charleston, ie: Air Force base. Most times noise wasn’t an issue, depends on what ops they have going on. A couple mornings they did ‘warm up’ of the VTOL aircraft i believe ‘osprey’ lots of noise from props, enough to ‘shake’ the camper a little. Hope your enjoy your stay. Hurricane Dorian did cause high water in the peninsula area, the airport is on higher ground, so it should be dry.
Pete usn ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:40 AM   #5

Thanks for the information we have reservations to go, will visit my older brother Navy Chief Dave 1st he donated his stem cells to me for my Acute Leukemia (All Phil+) even though I still take chemo pills he is the reason I am here to be typing this. (Agent Orange and contaminated Camp Lejune drinking water)
We have never toured Charleston looking forward to our visit Oct 19,20 and 21st.

Have a SUPER day. Life sure is sweet in your RV never say maybe tomorrow do it now.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:35 PM   #6

USS Yorktown

Make sure you make the time to visit the USS Yorktown on your trip.
Lake5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:46 PM   #7
Part-Time Campground Host

There is another Military RV park at the Naval Weapons Station. It's called Foster Creek. We always stay here.
The AFB Park is right next to the runway and the C-17 make a racket, but that is the sound of freedom.
If you go a little north (20 miles) Short Stay is really nice. It is Navy also.
The area flooding is no longer a problem. My son lives in the area and says all is well.
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1651
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:05 PM   #8

Well thanks to those that replied, our stay at Charleston Air Force Base was wonderful. Our pull through site was very nice and large. Just can't beat that price of $23.00 per night. We toured Charleston and ate out for two days. Had a nice visit with my older brother 1st in GA he gave me his stem cells that have so far saved my life.

The Jet noise was only bad once my wife said at night me I take my hearing aids our did not bother me

I would stay there again in a minute loved it the traffic around Charleston though is like New York City.

We are in Salem VA now and should arrive back at the stick house tomorrow late afternoon. Back to my Acute Leukemia DR visits survived 2.5 years and counting. Darn Agent Orange but at least I am still alive unlike so many others.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:48 AM   #9

Would feel like home listening to jets taking off again.
Hemisphere05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charleston