Old 04-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
DD Form 2220 (Vehicle Registration)

As most of you may know, the Air Force has discontinued the requirement of the DD Form 2220 (Vehicle Registration Sticker) for our vehicles. I am retired Air Force, and travel to other military installations (Army, Navy, etc.) which still require the stickers. I am planning a trip in the next few weeks and was wondering if anyone else has experienced difficulty getting on installations without the sticker. I am going to try to get the sticker from the base I visit, but not sure if that is going to be allowed. I have several toads, and, naturally the MH itself. Any feedback or experiences you may have had with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

2004 342 XLS Georgetown
2004 Suzuki Intruder
2009 Pontiac G6 GT
bear52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #2

They stopped using the decals here at Offutt also. Gate guards do a 100% ID check at the gate which is hell at shift change but otherwise not a large hassle. I'm lucky I guess as the FamCamp is off base so I don't have to try hauling the house through that process so far but that could change next year since I'm on the on base storage lot list waiting list.

Retired once so far and working on a second one
2008 Rockwood 8287SS
2009 F-150

Don't follow me can't you see I'm blind
scruffybuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
wow i didn't know they stopped issuing decals, we were going to stop at barksdale on the way home and get one for the bus...

thanks for the news
Living in the Piney Woods of Texas.
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
To get access you will have to have your ID card updated which has the bar code on the rear. This will directly link you to a picture of you which will be viewable via portable hand held scanners at the entry gates. It works well her ein Luke AFB AZ. The only bad thing is that when your card is scanned it is entered into a computer database which tell them where you are and which bases you use.

Does any of the other branches use this or do they still just check ID card and or stickers?
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
I know that Jasksonville AFB, still requires you to have a sticker on the TV, I had to wait inline for 2hrs. to get one and register my TV. They say they are going away with them but still some base's make you have it, I was just their in Dec. 2011
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
Here at Ft Rucker you are not required to have a post sticker, but if you don't have a valid military ID card you will have to go through the visitors center. If you have a large vehicle (RV/camper) you have to go through the visitor center to have it inspected.
2007 Chevy 2500 HD 6.6
2012 Sabre 31RETS
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #7
I drive onto Moody AFB everyday since that's where I work. It's true that if you don't have an ID Card you have to get a pass. Even as a retired AF member I can't bring anyone on without an ID without getting a pass. Now as far as them inspecting my TT, I've brought it on-base several times to weigh it and never had to have it inspected, thankfully. I guess different bases apply the inspection rule differently.

gljurczyk, where is Jasksonville AFB base? Never heard of that one.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #8
Site Team - Lou
Originally Posted by LFugate View Post
where is Jacksonville AFB base? Never heard of that one.
Two FAMCAMP bases in Jacksonville; Both Navy.

Mayport has Pelican Roost right on the breakwater (awesome, but small) and Jacks NAS has the Jacksonville RV Park.

U.S. Military Campgrounds and RV Parks

Lists 18 FAMCAMPS in Florida.
PLEASE support this site by buying their software.
I use it all the time. Since the approaches to the base are sometimes complicated due to security concerns; having the latest directions to truck gates; on-base driving updates to the FAMCAMPs; reservation procedures; etc is far and away worth the annual membership fee.

Yes, I know the site itself is free and we should make sure it stays that way by supporting the effort by buying the software. Lou

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
Just heard that the Army is no longer requiring a vehicle registration sticker. As we know the Air Force discontinued the sticker a few years ago. So...has anyone been to a NAS recently and know if they still require the sticker?
Ralph & Adrienne

2016 Flagstaff 8528CKWSA
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L

RalphieAdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #10
No stickers required for Ft Leonard Wood..... Please watch gate heights!!! Photo ID & Insurance card is all that is required to gain access!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote