Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2017, 08:55 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 13,889
Doolittles Raiders!

We attended the 75th Anniversary of the "Doolittle Raid" today at WPAFB,of the 80 Raiders only 1 is left! Lt.Col.Richard Cole was at the service,he is 101 years old! He stood up for the National Anthem,To Honor all his 79 missing Comrades,and Taps! He is one of the Many Brave Heros that makes living in the USA a Honor! Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:15 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Broadway Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 655
Last of a bunch of true hero's. Not many WWII vets left.
__________________

__________________
Joe
2015 Wildwood 27RKSS
2015 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:23 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
tmfaulksr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Vermilion Parish, LOUISIANA
Posts: 330
Doolittle Raiders

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!
JEALOUS JUST DOESN'T SAY IT ALL...... :-)

i am a pastor & used jacob deshazer #16 plane bombardier
& mitsuo fuchida's story for my Easter-Resurrection day service
2 days ago.

I've read their biographies & have the video accounts.

additionally, my father was a wing leader in my home town area (cajun wing)
for the Confederate Air Force. went to my first large air show in Harlingen, tx
in 1978. i can't believe I'm so old. hahahahaha
my father loved WWII aircraft. my dad's good friend here had the
ScatterBrainKid P-38 till a pilot fatally crashed here at home. :-(
For my father's funeral i made a wall plaque framed of all the different
"wing" jacket patches from across the USA. The CAF requested it for their museum. :-)

ANY PHOTOS YOU WOULD BE WILLING TO SHARE I WOULD BE ALL IN
tmfaulksr1222@gmail.com
__________________
the faulks & prince
2012 Nissan Titan CC
Roadmaster Active Suspension, Firestone Airbags
2015 Rockwood 8289WS Diamond Pkg
2015 Puma 253FBS (sold)
2013 BMW R1200GSW
tmfaulksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:34 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
We attended the 75th Anniversary of the "Doolittle Raid" today at WPAFB,of the 80 Raiders only 1 is left! Lt.Col.Richard Cole was at the service,he is 101 years old! He stood up for the National Anthem,To Honor all his 79 missing Comrades,and Taps! He is one of the Many Brave Heros that makes living in the USA a Honor! Youroo!!
Wow...........Could anyone have attended that, or was it invite only? That is an awesome thing to be able to say you attended and to actually meet one of those men is truly an honor.

Talk about a group of guys who had a real set of stones.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:41 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 13,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfaulksr View Post
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!
JEALOUS JUST DOESN'T SAY IT ALL...... :-)

i am a pastor & used jacob deshazer #16 plane bombardier
& mitsuo fuchida's story for my Easter-Resurrection day service
2 days ago.

I've read their biographies & have the video accounts.

additionally, my father was a wing leader in my home town area (cajun wing)
for the Confederate Air Force. went to my first large air show in Harlingen, tx
in 1978. i can't believe I'm so old. hahahahaha
my father loved WWII aircraft. my dad's good friend here had the
ScatterBrainKid P-38 till a pilot fatally crashed here at home. :-(
For my father's funeral i made a wall plaque framed of all the different
"wing" jacket patches from across the USA. The CAF requested it for their museum. :-)

ANY PHOTOS YOU WOULD BE WILLING TO SHARE I WOULD BE ALL IN
tmfaulksr1222@gmail.com
Tm,I will send some Pic! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:55 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 13,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Wow...........Could anyone have attended that, or was it invite only? That is an awesome thing to be able to say you attended and to actually meet one of those men is truly an honor.

Talk about a group of guys who had a real set of stones.
Yes open to Public! HUGE crowd,but Early Bird get's the Worm! There were 11 B-25s that flew over in formation,2 x's and 2 B-1 B Bomber's flew over at LOW and FAST after the last speaker said his final Word! Damn that got you attention! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:33 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
tmfaulksr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Vermilion Parish, LOUISIANA
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Tm,I will send some Pic! Youroo!!
YOUROO,
i did receive your photos and thank you so very much.
I attached something to my response that i think you may consider
as having value. let me know if you received my response so if not
i can try a different way.

you made my day, week, month & year.
blessings
tommy faulk
__________________
the faulks & prince
2012 Nissan Titan CC
Roadmaster Active Suspension, Firestone Airbags
2015 Rockwood 8289WS Diamond Pkg
2015 Puma 253FBS (sold)
2013 BMW R1200GSW
tmfaulksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:01 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
fsgardner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2
If you ever get a chance to go to WPAFB go to the WPAFB [ATTACH]142839 museum you will see the toasting goblets
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1053.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	333.5 KB
ID:	142839  
__________________

fsgardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.