Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2019, 02:30 PM   #61

Don't recall the prices but recall them being reasonable, lower than commercial camps nearby. We have stayed at Fort Knox KY, Air Force Academy CO, China Lake CA, and Wright Patterson AFB OH and liked them all. Air Force Museum at Wright Patt is awesome, spent 2 full days there and didn't see it all. We use UC Military and All Stays CRV Military apps for info on military camps.
2016 Ram 3500 Cummins Aisin 3.42 axle SRW LB CC pucks auto level 25 gal aux fuel tank towing 2016 Primetime Crusader 315RST Trailer Blocks, Lippert Correct Trac added, Goodyear Endurance tires Hawkshead TPM Good Sams GPS/trip planner
Days Camped: 2016 - 17: 2017 - 24: 2018 - 86: 2019 - 82
762vram2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:57 PM   #62
jvg

If you have base access consider Redstone Arsenal Huntsville AL brand new 80 space pull through park with full hookups $20 nite. Can be hot in summer no shade. The have an older wooded site right on Tenn. river great fishing $12 nite without sewer. Dump nearby. Spaces are small so need experience with back in sites. Lots of activities on base and Space Center 10 min. away.
Jim
jvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:01 AM   #63

Allstays Military FamCamp Campgrounds

This one works too.

Military FamCamp Campgrounds by Allstays LLC
skydansir533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:10 PM   #64

Staying at Ft Bliss RV Park now in El Paso TX. This place is spotless . Full HUs and spotless bathrooms and showers. $17/not with senior access pass. My husband is retired civilian DOD.
2015 Roo 21BD-L'ABode
lablover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:46 AM   #65
Whales

FT Bragg was good

Recently spent a night at the Smith Lake camp site ($23 full hookups). We enjoyed it for an overnight stay on a weekend. The lake wasn't open yet for recreation, the bugs weren't out yet and the helo's weren't in the air. It was a stop over (had to pay my homage to my "home away from home")on our way to Myrtle Beach. ATW
Whales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:51 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whales View Post
Recently spent a night at the Smith Lake camp site ($23 full hookups). We enjoyed it for an overnight stay on a weekend. The lake wasn't open yet for recreation, the bugs weren't out yet and the helo's weren't in the air. It was a stop over (had to pay my homage to my "home away from home")on our way to Myrtle Beach. ATW
Where is Smith lake may I ask? What military installation / base. Is it on a lake? How many spaces? Thanks...[emoji631]

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #67
Whales

Smith Lake Recreation at FT Bragg, NC

The Smith Lake Recreation area is actually just off the FT Bragg reservation. It's not a huge camping area but there were 30 RV campsites. I spent enough time at BRagg to know that the summers are hot and buggy so getting there in April was good to avoid those two nuisances. Also, as it is close to the aviation unit there, during the week there is a good chance to hear/see quite a few helicopters. Overall, it was a good stop, nice clean facilities, and the price was right!
Whales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:09 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whales View Post
The Smith Lake Recreation area is actually just off the FT Bragg reservation. It's not a huge camping area but there were 30 RV campsites. I spent enough time at BRagg to know that the summers are hot and buggy so getting there in April was good to avoid those two nuisances. Also, as it is close to the aviation unit there, during the week there is a good chance to hear/see quite a few helicopters. Overall, it was a good stop, nice clean facilities, and the price was right!
I have been to Ft. Bragg, the famcamps was off base, don't remember any lake, you had to drive up a hill and check in at I think it was a log cabin. Same place? They had a old section and a new, is that it?

Old 05-01-2019, 12:12 PM   #69

This place was really pretty far from the bases main gate. Just about 5 to 10 miles off I 95

Old 05-01-2019, 01:00 PM   #70

During our full time traveling years we visited all of the lower 48 states. We stayed at numerous Military campgrounds/RV Parks in just about every state where they were avaible.

We would be hard pressed to narrow our favorites down to as low as a half dozen. Basically it's because they are not comparable and their management can be totally different because each one is actually the responsibility of the post commander where they are located. For instance, they can be managed by a contracted civilian company when off base. On base the are normally managed by the Welfare & Moral department. But, when at Naval Air Station Lemoore, CA they were managed by the on base housing department.

Some, like Short Stay at Moncks Corner, SC are far from any military establishment, therefore there are no amenities other than what the location has to offer.

Some are highly desired and very hard to get into having reservations a year in advance, MacDill & Key West in FL come to mind along with Nellis AFB at Las Vegas and Davis-Monthan AFB at Tucson, AZ.

Nice parks on the water - Corpus Christy, TX, - Destin, FL, - Mayport, FL.

Nice parks for short stays - El Paso, TX, - Bossier City, LA - Grand Forks, ND.

Nice Parks for a couple of weeks - Jacksonville, FL - San Diego, CA - Gulf port, MS
Old 05-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by lablover View Post
Staying at Ft Bliss RV Park now in El Paso TX. This place is spotless . Full HUs and spotless bathrooms and showers. $17/not with senior access pass. My husband is retired civilian DOD.
Lordy... for those prices I hope they offered lots of amenities. Pool, gym, tennis/volley ball, meeting/dining pavilion, fish clean area(O.K. I am running out).
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:24 AM   #72
Seanpd

Our next two adventures both include a stop at an MWR facility. May to 18-22 at Ft Fisher (Kure Beach) NC, and June 15th and 23rd at Kings Bay Naval Station, (Eagles hammock RV Park) Ga on our way down to Disney's Ft Wilderness. We have not stayed at King's Bay previously, I'll report back!
Seanpd333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:26 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Lordy... for those prices I hope they offered lots of amenities. Pool, gym, tennis/volley ball, meeting/dining pavilion, fish clean area(O.K. I am running out).
Our rig is in the last picture in the photo gallery in the site listed below.

U.S. Military Campgrounds and RV Parks - Fort Bliss RV Park
Old 05-06-2019, 09:53 AM   #74
Seanpd

I spent a year in that RV park,made great friends had a wonderful community there. Site 21, the year was 2015. This is the best Army RV FamCamps that I have stayed in.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:00 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanpd333 View Post
I spent a year in that RV park,made great friends had a wonderful community there.
Hey Sarge, is that on base or off base? Does it book out, and do you have a hard time getting in? I assume it's first come first severed is that correct? Love them prices.

Thanks Sarge, it looks like you were a E7, thanks for your service and help.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:17 AM   #76
Seanpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Hey Sarge, is that on base or off base? Does it book out, and do you have a hard time getting in? I assume it's first come first severed is that correct? Love them prices.

Thanks Sarge, it looks like you were a E7, thanks for your service and help.
It is technically on post, just below post housing with a Shoppette across the street, but you do not have to go through the gate. You can make reservations in advance, but not for specific sites. During snow bird season it does get full, but with enough notice you can get in.

Tags
camping