Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 09:09 PM   #91
Berkshire 390QS
 
NO3putt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pueblo Colorado
Posts: 1,250
FYI: assuming lots of you know this, but just for those who don't:

list and facts on FAMCAMPS can be found at: U.S. Military Campgrounds and RV Parks - Home

you can also reserve NAVY FAMCAMPS at: Navy Cottages, Cabins, RV Sites & more -- Navy Getaways

Retired AF, but the Navy has some of the best FAMCAMPS
__________________

__________________
2011: 54 days, 2012: 218 days, 2013: 175 days, 2014: 196 days
2015: 188 days, 2016: 72 days, 2017: 185
2009 Berkshire, 390QS, and toad
Skip
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:29 PM   #92
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 4,283
I stayed at Ft Campbell KY and its a good site and when I stayed there if you had a senior park pass the rate was half off. Ft Meade Md has a very nice campground. I pulled enough KP in the Army, in basic if it had not been for KP I would have starved to death, there was a lot of fat guys in my company and you could only go thur the chow line once. Oh well now I eat to much and stay on a diet all the time
__________________

__________________
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
OK so we are going to DC next year to take the DW to see the Cherry Blossoms (TDY there a zillion times this will be her first!)

Checked out Belvior - NICE FAMCAMP but Springfield is the closest station to town.

Any suggestions where to stay in the area to tour my wife around?
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:50 PM   #94
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
BombDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: SC Lowcountry
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
OK so we are going to DC next year to take the DW to see the Cherry Blossoms (TDY there a zillion times this will be her first!)

Checked out Belvior - NICE FAMCAMP but Springfield is the closest station to town.

Any suggestions where to stay in the area to tour my wife around?
I've heard Quantico campground is closed due to someone finding UXO. Last I checked (couple months ago) no plan to reopen anytime soon.
__________________
John & April & "Scout"
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6
Nights Camped 2013-(44) 2014-(59) 2015-(47)
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:10 PM   #95
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I stayed at Ft Campbell KY and its a good site and when I stayed there if you had a senior park pass the rate was half off. Ft Meade Md has a very nice campground. I pulled enough KP in the Army, in basic if it had not been for KP I would have starved to death, there was a lot of fat guys in my company and you could only go thur the chow line once. Oh well now I eat to much and stay on a diet all the time
I guess my KP experience in AF basic training was easy compared with some of the guys here.

I enlisted July of 1960 and was sent to Lackland AFB in San Antonio ( I never thought about the hot weather there that time of year). Remember this was the period of time that the Cold War was really hot. I was in basic for 8 weeks and then sent to Amarillo AFB for B47 training.

During my 8 weeks at Lackland,our flight pulled KP for one week and that was the only time I ever pulled KP in the rest of my 4 year enlistment. My job was smashing empty food cans.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:05 AM   #96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 107
If any of you are down this way the San Angelo Texas Goodfellow air force rec. camp is a really nice rv park and it is on the lake. The park is usually no more than half full. They just doubled the size of the park but not many have used the new part so far that i have seen. That was the reason for my comments about letting vets use the parks to fill them up.
__________________
GaryanJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:38 AM   #97
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 4,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Yes you are correct, unless you apply for unemployability which would put you at 100%. Don't know your work status, but they would give it to you for that reason. I think the last I heard it's like a 2 year wait for a claim now. I have been waiting on a 10% increase for over a year now on my Prostate Cancer, It is even out already for a year. I mean how long dose it take to read a biopsy and hospital report of the removal? Thanks for your service, I also served in Nam for 28 mos.
I was 70% rated and I got the unemployability to 100% in less than 60 days. I filed for PTSD and got a rating for the 70% in 8 months. I am retired military with 23 years in the Army/National Guard, two tours in Viet Nam among other places
__________________
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:50 AM   #98
Senior Member
 
CSMRetired's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: N. Central Texas
Posts: 1,102
We will be at Uchee Creek in about two weeks for Best Ranger Competition (watching) I'll see if I can do a bulleted back brief on return, supposed to be a really nice place.

We'll be in Goshen
__________________

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:01 AM   #99
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post
We will be at Uchee Creek in about two weeks for Best Ranger Competition (watching) I'll see if I can do a bulleted back brief on return, supposed to be a really nice place.

We'll be in Goshen
That should be fun to watch and say gee wish I could still do that......... Like they say ARMY STRONG, I also will be in Goshen wouldn't miss it, you will see my flag flying saying Army Strong they love it when I stay at Navy Bases. People go by real slow and just stare.
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:13 AM   #100
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I was 70% rated and I got the unemployability to 100% in less than 60 days. I filed for PTSD and got a rating for the 70% in 8 months. I am retired military with 23 years in the Army/National Guard, two tours in Viet Nam among other places
thanks for the info i will be checking on that today to see if i qualify for
100 %.
__________________

__________________
GaryanJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mpg

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.