Old 10-07-2018, 09:17 PM   #1
DnL

Military/Veteran Medical

Any military/retirees that can give me advice about prescription refills on the road? Can I take a prescription to any military pharmacy for a refill? How does that work?

DnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:14 PM   #2

You shouldn't have a problem getting prescription refills since Tricare uses Express scripts. As for new prescriptions, they just have to contact or you have to contact your doctor and have them fax a new prescription to Express /Scripts

royboy334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:41 PM   #3

Just saw this. If your prescription is from a military pharmacy you can take you vial to any military pharmacy and they will have it transfered to them and fill it.
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:40 PM   #4
Sunseeker 2400MBW

It will go easy unless it's a controlled medication or expired prescription or some providers require lab work to go with a refill of certain medications. I would allow lots of extra time till you get the hang of it and don't wait until you're completely out. Give yourself a few days at minimum.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:47 PM   #5

I've never tried unless I still have a refill. They did say give them q4 hrs for the transfer
Old 12-18-2018, 07:48 PM   #6

Lol
24hrs
Old 12-18-2018, 09:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnL View Post
Any military/retirees that can give me advice about prescription refills on the road? Can I take a prescription to any military pharmacy for a refill? How does that work?

Are you close enough that you could call/go to a military pharmacy and get an answer from the pharmacy itself? We used Express Scripts for a while, until they started that co-pay requirement. Some meds require a lab check every 90 days before refilling because they are toxic to the liver, kidneys etc. If you can, let us know what you find out please. Also check if the requirements are service specif. In other words, Will/Can an Army pharmacy fill a Navy or Air Force script.

Great question, wish I could help more and am looking forward to answers.
Don
AFDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:28 PM   #8

We're ret. Navy live near a Marine base in Cali. Refilled scripts in Alabama at an air force base this past summer. All services are moving towards combined military medical in a few years we'll see how that goes
Old 02-26-2019, 09:48 PM   #9

Got a refill while in Branson a while back at the VA clinic. Called ahead and they had it waiting for me when I got there.
GerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:20 PM   #10
waybeck2018

Be sure you have an online account with Express Scripts. That way you can change mail addresses if you are sure where you will be. And, like some others said, give them 3-4 days to get it filled and mailed out. Also, if you have a good relationship with your doctor they can send your prescription electronically to a TriCare approved Pharmacy. Walgreen and Rite Aid are two that come to mind that may be more common nation wide. They no longer approve scripts for CVS, which I really prefer to use.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is online now   Reply With Quote