Old 08-26-2015, 02:53 PM   #11

Traveling Vet

WE HAVE TRAVELED AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO TO ANY VA AND THEY WILL HELP.I LIVE IN LA. And we went. COLO. And we got our meds no problem

Old 08-26-2015, 03:02 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Use Express Scripts for maintenance meds; even those requiring scripts and signatures.

You can get 90 days at a time and you can change the delivery address online.
This is a great suggestion and I see that have a tricare pharmacy page as well...

https://www.express-scripts.com/TRICARE/index.shtml

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
This is a great suggestion and I see that have a tricare pharmacy page as well...

https://www.express-scripts.com/TRICARE/index.shtml
TRICARE is different then the VA. It's great for retired military but not for disabled Veterans. We can only go to the VA itself. I wish I had TRICARE.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adela View Post
WE HAVE TRAVELED AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO TO ANY VA AND THEY WILL HELP.I LIVE IN LA. And we went. COLO. And we got our meds no problem
Thanks for that, I tried to do that, and not being registered at the different VA they said no, I need to get from my home VA which would be Durham. I went to California from Virginia once, and they sent it to his house for me but said they can't do it anymore new rules and reg's. As always. My best bet will be to detour the UPS I think as Elind posted. Thank you everyone this has become an interesting thread to me and hope others...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:36 PM   #15

VA Meds

I personally have experienced this. If I were you I'd go talk with your doctor and explain your circumstances. Then go talk with pharmacy and tell them.
I know for a fact they can have your Meds delivered from a VA clinic close to you. The VA also uses in town pharmacy to dispatch Meds(walgreens/ CVC). Keep on them to do something. If there's a VA Clinic near where you are staying
Go there and transfer yourself to that VA. I had to do that when I stayed in Tennessee.
Go luck and don't take "we can't do that "
Good luck friend and "thanks for serving
For me I am a survivor of Vietnam USMC........... Living in beautiful Austin Texas
Old 08-26-2015, 05:49 PM   #16

This issue was brought up several times over the summer in the letters section of Trailer LIfe Magazine. I don't remember all the input/replies but there was some pretty good useful info there from people in your exact situation. You might want to try to look those up. I think it would be worth your while.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:19 PM   #17

Along the same vein, I get my meds at Walmart. Does anyone know if you have a prescription at one location whether you can have it filled at another? Plan to travel the country next spring for about 4 months and will need to get refills. Same issue, some can't be filled for more than 30 days.
Camping Days 2013 - 24
Camping Days 2014 - 21
Projected Camping Days 2015 - 30
Loneeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:54 PM   #18

I have mine sent to my Florida address and they have my written permission (USPS #1583) to sign for them. In my travels, I have stopped many times at different VA clinics and hospitals to pick up meds. They will verify with my VA pharmacy here in Wisconsin. I will be given a 2 week supply.
Roger
Old 08-26-2015, 08:11 PM   #19

If the VA doc will give you a written RX it will be easy. The new Fed rules for most pain meds are a real pain. Doctors can no longer call in your RX so the RX must be hand written. I have him mail mine to me in FL and the local Pharmacy will fill it. This works in most states with TX being an exception. That is one reason I don't winter in TX. FL will fill a hand written RX for any med I have.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:49 PM   #20

Hello loneeagle.
I deliver my written prescripts to my local walmart pharmacy and ask them to keep them on file and not fill them at the time. ONce the written prescrip is on file with walmart you can get it filled at ANY Walmart, anywhere. I have done this many times for myself, my wife when we go on trips. Also with my parents who live in MO when they come for a couple months in the summer up to stay with us.

Tags
travel