Old 08-25-2015, 05:55 PM   #1

Traveling with meds delivery.

I have a question to you vets that use the VA for there meds. How do I get my meds that has to be signed for while I travel? Such as myself I can only get a 30 day supply of pain meds at a time. They send them to my house and I have to be here to sign for them. If I travel to florida for an example and will not be at my home when they are delv. How do I get them at what ever location I'm at. This is like putting a chain and ball on me. I would like to go to Florida for 2 mos. but how do I get my meds I need from the VA being I'm not at my home to sign for them. I know that there must be some Vets that are doing this. The VA is no help at all when I asked them. Please help and let me know, I don't want to be tied to my home...Thanks in advance..

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:26 PM   #2

I would speak to the doctor and explain the issue with time away from home and the need for a longer limit, say 90-120 days worth.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I would speak to the doctor and explain the issue with time away from home and the need for a longer limit, say 90-120 days worth.
Thanks I have tried that already, Per the VA they can not do that, by the FDA laws that has been changed. Some Vets were selling them and got caught so so they REFUSE to give you more then a 30 day supply. I have asked if I can go to a VA in another State and pick them up they have said NO. But Thanks Ford : ...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 08-25-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

Yeah, unfortunately with the abuse and selling of meds they have really clamped down on giving you more than the minimum... Not good for those not home very often.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:53 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Are you staying at a campground for an extended time? I would ask the VA to ship them to your CG at your site. I had my mail order meds sent to my CG. USPS may send to the office, but UPS & FED EX will come to your camp site for deliveries. They all have online tracking to know when it's due. I know, DW had UPS stopping at our site in Az a lot!!
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
Are you staying at a campground for an extended time? I would ask the VA to ship them to your CG at your site. I had my mail order meds sent to my CG. USPS may send to the office, but UPS & FED EX will come to your camp site for deliveries. They all have online tracking to know when it's due. I know, DW had UPS stopping at our site in Az a lot!!
I pay 40.00 a year to UPS to know when they will delv. I will call UPS and see if they can change a shipment to Like Florida instead of Virginia. I know they will let me change an address but do not know about States. Thanks, I'm sure other Vets are going to have the same problem. When the FDA reclassified the drug, it is almost impossible now. A private DR. can not even give you refills and you have to go to the office to get the prescription. They can no longer just call it it in. I 'll call UPS in the AM thank -you....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 08-26-2015, 07:16 AM   #7
Site Team - Lou

Use Express Scripts for maintenance meds; even those requiring scripts and signatures.

You can get 90 days at a time and you can change the delivery address online.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Use Express Scripts for maintenance meds; even those requiring scripts and signatures.

The VA will only ship UPS monthly. If it was a private Dr. maybe. They changed there shipping, now it can come between the 26th and the first of the month. They have been making big changes. I'm a 100% disabled Vet. I would think they would allow me to go to any VA hospital in the USA to pick them up. They have refused that and said it had to come from my Durham VA. I'm going to talk with UPS they notify me when they are shipped and see if I can do what Elind suggested. Thanks Herk.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 08-26-2015, 11:59 AM   #9

Put in a change of address in "my healthy vet" I have called in and that is what Iwas told to do and also call the med line and give them the temp. address with dates of leaving and returning to your home base.
2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post

Some laws change state by state. In NJ even if mail order I can only get a 30 day supply if it is a narcotic.

I hope to go to SC later this year. I spoke to my doctor and she agreed to give my scripts to a friend of mine. She will not give them to me early so I could get them filled down there. He will have to get them filled at my drugstore, not his, and then he can send them to me. The laws are ridicules and the doctors hands are tied by the law. The druggies have really hurt those that have a legitimate reason for their meds!

Jim

oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel