Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2007, 08:54 PM   #1

Welcome and THANKS!!

I did not serve but I will now take this opportunity to thank all of you that has protected my freedom past, present and future!

Thanks, Mike

MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:24 AM   #2

I would also like to put in my thanks for all of you who have served our country so well to give us the lifestyle and freedoms we now take for granted.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #3

I also thank ALL of our veterans, past, present, and future. Without whom we would not be the “Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave”.

Being a veteran I accept your thanks. But I didn’t serve to receive any thanks or kudos. Initially I joined up for the following:
I was getting out of high school and “what the heck am I gonna do?” I had no desire or money for college (fixed that after I got out).
Seemed cool at the time. Learn a trade and maybe get to use it later on.
Patriotism. I do love this country. This was something I could do to help out.

After being in for a couple of years I realized that I really liked the Army. I loved the discipline, the structure, the camaraderie, and I REALLY liked shooting all the different weapons, M16, SAW, M60, and the 50cal (my favorite ).

“For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected shall never know”
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:28 PM   #4

I would like to show my appreciation for all those serving now and in the past. Freedom is not free, it is paid with the blood and service of our military past and present.

I served in the Navy 1962-1966. Volunteered. Didn't want to go to college at that time and got to see most of the country's off the Pacific coast, and I have been to all the states from the pacific up to the Mississippi.

Now I plan to see all the states East of the Mississippi and any other place I have not seen in a long time.

I served on board the USS McMorris out of San Diego and Pearl Harbor. Has any one else served during that time and area..

Travel Safe and may God Bless.
BC
txbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:18 AM   #5

txbobcat,

Thank you sir for your service to this great nation!

Whereabouts in DFW do you live? I'm located in Justin, just West of the TMS. Fact is I can see it from my back yard (it's about 3 miles away).

greg
Old 07-09-2007, 09:03 AM   #6
RAC

Hooah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #7

RetiredArmyCWO,

Make sure you post in the poll your branch of service.

http://forestriverforums.com/forums/...read.php?t=540

greg
Old 07-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #8
RAC

What if I am dual service? 7 years Navy 14 Army?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredArmyCWO View Post
What if I am dual service? 7 years Navy 14 Army?
Uhhhhhhh,,,, don't know. Let me check before you vote. I'll see if a dual is possible.

greg
Old 07-09-2007, 10:23 AM   #10

after looking I don't think you can double vote........ the polls aren't setup that way

You should vote Army though. 14 is more than 7.

besides I'm partial..........

greg
Old 07-09-2007, 10:27 AM   #11
RAC

But I pull for Navy during the November game
Old 07-09-2007, 10:31 AM   #12

But the Navy is already killin the Army in the poll!!
Old 07-10-2007, 03:28 PM   #13
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
My father inspired me to join the military and serve our country.
He fought in the Battle of Iwo Jima...and survived. (USN)

I had the opportunity to go see the USS Arizona Memorial last year at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. To stand above the remains, and see that oil still rising up from the depths of history(tears of the dead they say)...is a feeling I can't describe. a Very moving experience...if you ever have the opportunity...see it.

God bless the USA!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #14

We are a dual retired military couple. Both of us were in the Navy (25 and 20 years). We spent our entire careers on the East Coast and saw too much of the MED! Dave was a BT (Boiler Tech) for the majority of his career, but had a forced coversion to MM (Machinist Mate) later on. He spent most of his career in the Fireroom making sure there was steam for the steam turbines and generators...this makes the main engines move the ship and provides electricity as well. Susan was an ICman (Interior Communications Electrician) and took care of all the alarms, phones, gyro, and anything that had a bell or buzzer, light or warning signal. We retired as Senior Chiefs and are currently working as Government Contractors in an effort to destroy the Stockpile of Chemical Weapons at Pine Bluff Arsenal in Arkansas. We both loved our careers and still don't know how to just relax...but we have plans in our future to see our great country...we've seen the MED and all the countries there...now it's time to see the greatest place of all...the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!
ARwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:26 AM   #15

Thanks for the awesome forum! I am active duty Navy and have been for 20+ years. I spent the last 5 of 6 years in Iraq defeating IEDs. Got the travel bug recently as I finish a twighlite tour in Ventura County Ca. The the wife, daughter and two goofy dogs (one big one very small) are going to be hitting it soon! Than you for all the help I've been given on the form as we contemplated making the purchase. Getting the slider installed on an 07 5.9 diesel Megacab. We are all excited and just looking for places we can go! We bought an 04 Forest River Wildcat 29BHBP. Gettiing the hitch installed tomorrow! Looking for camping spots around central california is hard during the summertime! Anyone have insider info on where to go! 200 mi radius maybe? Want to do a shakedown cruize! Than you again for the military appreciation thread. I serve at the pleasure of the President of United States of America. jt
and tow dumb dogs
(on is dumber than the other)
07.0 2500 MC Diesel
Learning how to mod!
jtizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #16
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Welcome....and thanks!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #17

My eldest is just back fromTaji, Iraq. He'll be here for 15 days and then he goes back. We're going to Ocala for the weekend. I thought he had enough Army Camping. We're looking foward to it.
signal12 is offline   Reply With Quote