Old 05-13-2016, 03:07 PM   #11
The museum is also handicap accessible. They have electric scooters for those who cannot walk long distances. They were just breaking ground for a new wing to bring the presidential Air Force One planes to the museum.
I was there with a group of veterans and we were able to go on base to see the presidential and experimental plane that were not yet in the museum. It was eerie to see where a rear divider in Kennedy's Air Force One was notched out to allow his casket to be loaded. Franklin Roosevelt's plane had an elevator to lower him to the runway. I was even able to press my nose to the window of the X-15 rocket plane to see the controls.
I did not know about the restoration tour. I will look into it next time I visit.

Catalina 333RETS
Rush 19 Toyhauler
Silverado 2500HD
Goldwing 1800GL
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:35 PM   #12
The fourth building which houses the XB-70 is set to open June 8th, 2016. The greatest thing about this museum is the military displays honoring the veterans. For anyone with an interest in aircraft this is a must see. My son did volunteer restoration at the British air museum when he was stationed at Lakenheath in England.

2014 Palomino Puma 25RS
2011 F-150 Super Crew XLT
Days camped in 2014 - 23
Camped 2015 - 47
Camped 2016 - 51 done - 6 more planned so far
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:40 PM   #13
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Boy was this place something, I thought Pensacola was good, you can be days in here. They also have 2 flight simulators, but Youroo wouldn't do it. If anyone is ever near it, it is a must. Go America..... Thanks for taking me Mr. Youroo....
I rode in one of them and it really is amazing.

OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote