Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2017, 01:35 PM   #1

BBB Rally 2017

Just made reservations for the 2017 BBB Rally, and 7 days in the Devils Den State Park Arkansas! WooHoo!
Dodge Ram 2500 HD Cummins
2018 Ultra Limited
HyperCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:56 PM   #2

Just up the road from me. Devils den is a beautiful state park. One of our favorites. We've got some of the best riding roads in the country. Take in some of the beautiful scenery while you're here!
imabmwnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:12 PM   #3

Devil's Den is a great place for a home base during BBB. So many good rides in the area - Pig Trail, Hwy 7, Old 71 over the Boston Mountains and so much more. If you have a day or 2 that aren't tied to events or set rides, one of my favorite things to do is set "home" on my GPS to where I'm camped and go get lost. See a road that looks interesting? Ride it. Wonder where that turn will lead? Take it. When it's time to head back just choose "home" on the GPS and back you go, by the quickest route if that's how you set up the preferences. I live in the NWA/SWMO area, and some of my best rides have been discovered this way. Did this a few weeks ago, my wife and I rode for 6 hours and found we were less than 5 miles from our house when I hit "home" on the GPS.
Ozarkryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:54 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarkryder View Post
Devil's Den is a great place for a home base during BBB. So many good rides in the area - Pig Trail, Hwy 7, Old 71 over the Boston Mountains and so much more. If you have a day or 2 that aren't tied to events or set rides, one of my favorite things to do is set "home" on my GPS to where I'm camped and go get lost. See a road that looks interesting? Ride it. Wonder where that turn will lead? Take it. When it's time to head back just choose "home" on the GPS and back you go, by the quickest route if that's how you set up the preferences. I live in the NWA/SWMO area, and some of my best rides have been discovered this way. Did this a few weeks ago, my wife and I rode for 6 hours and found we were less than 5 miles from our house when I hit "home" on the GPS.
Great suggestions by Ozarkryder. Most of my family is originally from the Clarksville area, and it is very pretty country up there.

I took my dual sport (see avatar) up there a few years ago with #1 son, and probably liked the Arkansas Dragon as much as anything. Depending on how far you venture out, you may like it too, as I think we only passed one vehicle on the whole stretch (and we rode it both ways).

You can get GPS tracks from this site on most of the AR routes in that area.

The Arkansas Dragon - Hwy 123 | Arkansas Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

Also make it a point to stop in the Turner Bend Store on the Pig Trail. The have patches and other souvenirs for many of the rides up there, including the Arkansas Dragon.

http://turnerbend.com/

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:25 PM   #5

Great ideas, THANKS! We will try it all, and really looking forward to it. We were at the Rally in 2015, drove thru Devils Den, and thought.....someday.
Dodge Ram 2500 HD Cummins
2018 Ultra Limited
HyperCamp is offline   Reply With Quote