Old 02-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #11
I have the same motorcycle in Yellow (Suzuki DRZ-400S) exact same bike just different color plastic. It weighs a lot more than 200lbs, dry weight is listed @ 291lbs with oil & gas ready to ride is over 300lbs. I definitely would not recommend loading this bike on a rack rated for 450lbs.

jt0076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #12
The KLX 400 is the same as the DRZ 400e not the DRZ 400s (street version) There is a difference in weight but not signifcant. Based on factory specs my bike weight dry is 262lbs. Add 2.6 gal of fuel at approx 6lbs/gal =16lbs and another 3.7lbs for 2qts of oil the wet weight comes to 282lbs. Even if we assume the bike weighed 300lbs that would only be 67% of the rated capacity of the rack. I have mounted the bike and took it for a 20mi practice run over some severely bumpy roads and numerous rr tracks. I had a spotter follow me the whole time, He said the bike rode solid as a rock. No movement whatsoever. I do have about 30lbs of mounting hardware which brings it closer to 70% but experienced no handling affects at all.

rpresley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:47 AM   #13
Thanks for posting an update. How about some pics?
2007 Chevy 2500 HD 6.6
2012 Sabre 31RETS
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #14
Pics requested

The Bike rides as close as possible to the rear of the trailer. It is secured at both the handle bars and at the foot pegs. (common to trailer hitch carriers) The picture behind the bike shows where the ramp and winch mount are stored. The winch mount clamps on the left side of the bike and the hitch ball extends past the wheel chock. A small winch designed to mount to a teardrop plate for hooking to trailer hitch is placed over the ball. The winch has a remote control. The winch is hooked to the footpeg and pulls the bike up at a slow rate. I went with the mechanical advantage since I am in my 60's and no longer have the energy to muscle the bike up the incline.

Headed to Alabama next week. Will be spending a month in the Pell City area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bike1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	24309   Click image for larger version

Name:	bike3.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	24310   Click image for larger version

Name:	bike2.jpg
Views:	61