Old 10-12-2016, 08:40 AM   #1
KnC

Kendon trailer advice

I am looking for a motorcycle trailer to tow behind my 2860DS Sunseeker (Class C) MH. The motorcycle is a Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited (900lbs). I like the looks and practicality of the Kendon trailers as they can fold up and be stored in my garage vs. having to find and pay for an additional storage space for the trailer. I've read a few reviews of individuals not comfortable with the ramp on the single trailer for loading heavy bikes such as Goldwings.

So, for those with experience with Kendon trailers, what's your opinion of loading heavy bikes on the single trailer? Even if only hauling one (heavy touring) bike, would you recommend getting the dual trailer (with a center wheel chock) to ease loading/unloading?

Old 10-21-2016, 11:22 AM   #2
KnC

Went with Aluma

Just following up to my original question since quite a few viewed but there were no replies. I decided to go with an Aluma trailer vs. Kendon. Both are popular but I preferred the wider ramp on the Aluma for loading and unloading.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:19 PM   #3

Sorry for not seeing your post. Up until this month DW and I had 1700 Yamaha Roadstar and my Harley Ultra Classic. Towed and rode. Mostly rode.
I rode 56 years; she 22 years on her own bikes. Literally 100's of thousands of miles. Never down!!
Was time to quit. Very difficult but right decision for us.

You made a good choice. Either would have met your need. I threw my Kendon ramp in the trash in 2005 and bought a trifold aluminum ramp. Slid between bikes on our double hauler.
Ratchet tie downs. Never any issues.

Be safe out there.

We are envious every time a cruiser goes by 👀😩. We have GREAT biking memories and lasting friendships.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:11 PM   #4
KnC

Thanks

Thanks for the note SilverbackMel. I've only got 22 years of riding under my belt but hope to continue as you and your DW did. Was fortunate and picked up the gently used 2010 Aluma. DW and I are looking forward to many great rides and adventures with it and the MH.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:19 PM   #5

I've only been riding for 11 years the last 6 on a 2008 Yamaha Venture (800+ lbs). I've hauled it on many different trailers: a simple utility trailer that I bought used that came with 2 pairs of 5 ft. long ramps, a U-Haul trailer, a Kendon double and, my current trailer a knock off of a Kendon single. I did NOT like the Kendon double, no where to put your feet so you have to ride it all the way into the chock. I also do not like the short ramps that come with the Kendons so I'm glad I kept one pair of the 5 footers. With those, the single is a breeze to load and unload.

rebellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:48 PM   #6
Lost in time

I looked and didn't comment either. I have 3 bikes and one has a sidecar and I trailer the one with the hack quite a bit but I have a 3 rail single axle motorcycle specific trailer and it don't fold up like a Kendon.

Have fun, ride safe.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:22 PM   #7

Sorry I didn't see your post until today.
I've had a Kendon Dual Rail for several years.
I've hauled a Kawasaki GTR1400 Concours and Honda ST1100 around the country during this time.
You're right the only downside to this trailer is the tiny ramp.
First thing I replaced when I got the trailer.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:16 PM   #8
KnC

Thanks

Thanks all
Old 11-12-2016, 11:40 AM   #9

I had a Kendon ride up. It comes with 3 interlocking ramps (which can store on trailer after using). It functioned well for my 3000 mile round trip pull with a 4 cylinder SUV. The bike weighed 850 lbs. and was 102 inches long. I really liked having ramps for my feet. It does fold up and store in the garage as well.

Tags
trailer