View Poll Results: Would you let a guy with a scooter ride with you?
Yes, Scooters are cool 15 93.75%
Yes, but far behind us 1 6.25%
Yes, I am going to run out and get a scooter now. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #1

New Transportation

Just bought a SYM EVO RV 200 with a ramp for it for camping. Need to wait for the snow to melt so I can pick it up. My wife said she will never get me a motorcycle, so I compromised.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scooter.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	44313  

Old 01-18-2014, 08:57 PM   #2

Scooters are a hoot. I have an old Yamaha Riva I carry on the back of my Solera on a rack. No problem loading/unloading solo and so convenient for getting around a park or going to the store without having to move the rig.

Very different from riding a larger motorcycle, but they're all fun.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:02 PM   #3
Site Team

I used to have a Honda aero 80 back in the early 90s. It was a blast. Topped out at 44mph downhill with a tailwind.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:02 PM   #4
Anacortesians

My first-ever motorised vehicle was a new 1958 Vespa 150. My folks figured it would be cheaper than the bus fare for a 35-mile commute. Subsequently, I had an Ariel Leader 250 (a motorcycle that looked enough like a scooter to satisfy my Mom), then a BSA A7.

After getting married, I switched to cars, but then got a job with Norton-Villiers as a development engineer and got paid to ride the prototype Norton Commando for 8 hours a day 5 days a week all over the UK!

Finally, the UK economy and Government got to us and we emigrated to Seattle to a job with Boeing. Now retired after 30 years at the "Kite factory". No longer into motorcycles - too many short-sighted old ladies driving at 45 mph on the freeway in their Crown Vics! Actually, the main reason for discontinuing motorcycle riding was the transition to the other side of the road. In a car, you have the reminder that you're sitting behind the wheel on the other side. On a bike, there's no similar visual stimulus and I didn't want DW to open the door to a grim-faced State trooper one day.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:08 PM   #5

Just got a Vespa lx150 yesterday...first time on ANY kind of bike. Having a blast with it and it is so easy to learn that within 15 minutes I was very comfortable.
Went out today and got a new Stella Auto 125 for the spouse ...will be here in a week then we can ride our Hawgs together while Steppenwolf plays on the I-pod!

Old 03-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #6

Very nice, now my wife wants a scooter for when we go RVing. I love mine, I just wish the weather would warm up enough to get some good riding in.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #7

I was looking at the EVO's myself as Sym is definitely a fine maker and technology leader. In the end...I didn't fit and wanted something more traditional anyway....but yours must fly eh? See ya out there!
Old 03-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #8

Yea, I needed something that will get up to speed on the thruways, and my wife told me no more motorcycles after a crash back in 1980, so a scooter that does 75 is okay I guess : )
Old 03-22-2014, 09:35 PM   #9
MI Camperz

I kid you not my brother got a "scooter" at age 15...got past my mom and the secy of state...but engine size, it was a motorcycle. Later, in his hell raising days around 18-21, he got a cafe' racer...back in his "i live with a bunch of guys in a rented house and we drink and party like crazy" days.
His cafe' racer got over 100 mph STAT...all I could do was shake my head and pray....and if that didn't work, I took out life insurance on him as a get-rich quick scheme. He made it through those days, praise the Lord. I just rambled just cuz your post made me remember how scooters can be motorcycles in disguise. Be Safe!