Old 09-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #1

Thumbs up Our Ride

We really enjoy our 2004 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic Softail FLSCTI. Living here in East Central Florida just south of the Biking Capital of the World "Daytona Beach" we have lots of other bikers we enjoy riding with. But to my wife Nancy and I we most enjoy the late night rides in the summer when the weather has cooled down. You now what I mean, when your out riding and you hit those sweet little low spots in the road and you feel an extra coolness to the air when you do. There is much less traffic and you can enjoy the smells of the countryside and not the exhaust of all the other vehicles, sometimes you can even ride by someone's home and smell what they are cooking for dinner. We have fun trying to guess what it is!. Biking like camping allows us to be in an entirely different state of mind when on the road. It doesn't have to be a long trip as a matter of fact it's not really the destination it's the ride! The only problem in owning a Harley is you can't walk out of a Harley dealership without spend $100 on something you just have to add to your ride. We have a real problem in that we have the World's Largest Harley Davidson Dealership just up the turnpike from us, "Destination Daytona" Bruce Rossmeyer's place. It's sad to have just recently lost Bruce, but he went out doing what he loved riding a Harley to Sturgis.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Harley 1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	1791   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harley 2.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Harley 3.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1793  

Old 09-21-2009, 03:38 PM   #2

Nice bike, I see that you like riding as much as my wife and I do. You sure live in a nice warm place to ride all year long, boy that must be nice. My wife was not much on riding behind me so we got her own bike and she has been riding for 3 years now and has become a very good rider. Well if you ever get tired of that nice weather you can come to North Carolina and experience some of our crazy weather. Have fun with that beautiful bike and keep the tires rolling.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:06 AM   #3

Our Ride

Dear Viper 48;

Thanks for the kind words. Yes we really are lucky for the nice year round weather. We sure can ride a lot! If you think Asheville North Carolina has some crazy weather, just experience four hurricanes in one season like we did here in 2004, now that's crazy. It's a small world, I have a friend of mine that used to live in this area and a few years ago he moved back home to Asheville where your from. He has a Mortgage Brokerage Firm, but with this bad economy things could be better for him and his young family. I really enjoy this forum. I'm new to it. But not new to camping. We started camping on motorcycle with ultra lite gear. then a tent out of the trunk of a car. We then graduated to a pop up. Then in 1994 we bought our first travel trailer. We just sold it last month, and have ordered a new rockwood 2604SS travel trailer. We are going to drive up to Ohio mid Oct. to pick it up! We can't wait!!!!

Gunnar
Old 09-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #4

Dear Gunnarts,

Do you guys ever get up this way to do any camping. We keep talking about going to Disney World at the Fort Wilderness campground but have not made it there yet. Both of our girls are grown and only one lives at the house but she is always busy with work and the boy friend and does not camp with us much anymore. Usually it is just the wife and me when we go and we have been looking at toyhaulers so we can take our bikes. We have been trying to sell our fifth wheel but not having to much luck with the economy the way that it is and trading it in is even worse. Well with a little luck we will sell it and be able to get the toyhauler we want. Right now I have both bikes at the dealership getting the oil changed in both and back brakes on the wifes bike and new tires on mine. These two wheel toys sure can get expensive but they are worth it. We are leaving in a couple of weeks for Charleston, SC for the weekend on the bikes/ There will be 5 bikes on the trip and I can hardly wait. If you ever decide to come up this way let me know and I will try to meet you and maybe we could go riding.

Terry
Old 09-26-2009, 10:48 PM   #5

Dear Viper 48;
Hope you can sell your fifth wheel and get your toy hauler. We sure will give you a heads up if we get up your way it's always great to ride with other bikers! My wife Nancy and I looked into the possibility of a toyhauler. The only thing is that you have such a large GVW to tow and with a 1/2 ton pickup I was concerned with fuel costs and wear and tear on the tow vehicle. I also don't like most of the interiors of the ones we have seen. They are pretty spartan. But again we didn't look at a lot of them. Once Nancy saw the new Rockwood Ultra Lite Model 2604SS she was sold. I also like that it is below the GVW towing capacity of our rig. Besides the floor plan is awesome. We just got word that it comes off the assembly line Oct. 5th and we plan to pick it up from the dealer in Ohio on the 13th. Wish us luck. Once we get her home I'll take some photos and post them.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:30 AM   #6

Good luck with your new trailer and hope that it is trouble free from the start. Just wanted to let you know that my wifes name is also Nancy. If you happen to get up this way give me a shout, I check this forum quite often.