Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2020, 08:20 PM   #1

Lightbulb 1/2 Murphy flops in the middle!

We have a 2020 22MKSE. The front queen is a "murphy" bed. more like a half murphy. The top half of the mattress is on a flat platform, the lower half is on the couch that folds down flat. Mattress folds in the middle.

When laying on the bed, the end of the platform is about hip level, then the softness of the couch makes the bed sink 2-3 inches. The end result is a very sharp ledge that makes sleeping difficult.

Has anyone found a way to stiffen it up? The mattress or the platform? We've tried mattress toppers and stuffing blankets under the couch end to raise it up. Camp drinking helps, but fails around 2-3am.

If i can't find a way to get a somewhat good nights sleep, I see us trading in/up in the near future. I'd rather sleep on the ground in a tent!
mlyn45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:43 PM   #2

Looking on line, you appear to have the 22MKSE "Special Edition." Non-special ones seem to have a full-time queen bed and no sofa.

If the back of the sofa becomes the bottom half of the bed, I'm guessing you may have to make some "legs" to support the end of the bed (i.e., top of the back of the sofa) when it's folded down. And I'm assuming that the part of the back of the sofa that matches up with the permanent part of the bed is at the same height as the permanent bed. If it's not, you'll also have to do something to raise/lower the back of the sofa when it's folded down.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 02:04 AM   #3
Oz Family

I’m not sure where to post looking to replace factory Murphy Bed mattress with 8 inch memory form mattress and wanted to know if the weight is an issue for folding bed up daily.
dihomebod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:24 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyn45 View Post
We have a 2020 22MKSE. The front queen is a "murphy" bed. more like a half murphy. The top half of the mattress is on a flat platform, the lower half is on the couch that folds down flat. Mattress folds in the middle.

When laying on the bed, the end of the platform is about hip level, then the softness of the couch makes the bed sink 2-3 inches. The end result is a very sharp ledge that makes sleeping difficult.

Has anyone found a way to stiffen it up? The mattress or the platform? We've tried mattress toppers and stuffing blankets under the couch end to raise it up. Camp drinking helps, but fails around 2-3am.

If i can't find a way to get a somewhat good nights sleep, I see us trading in/up in the near future. I'd rather sleep on the ground in a tent!
What brand is a 22MKSE? It's not listed in your profile.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote