Old 05-20-2013, 01:51 AM   #31

You will have fun but take your time and double check your work. It is easy to get distracted and that is when it can get expensive if you are not carefully! Just start a list of the things you would like to add as without a doubt you will not have everything you would like the first time out.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #32

What I learned from my boating days where there is always a sense of danger is Routine, Routine, Routine! Find your way of doing things from hitching up to set-up and re-hitching and do it exactly the same each and every time. Most RV'ers will have the DH doing all the outside preperation with the DW taking care of the inside. One little tip I depend on is every time the tv antenna is up and any ceiling or roof vents cranked open, I hang a red satin sash to the cranks that remain there during the duration of the camping. Yeah they may look dorky, but its better than pulling out of the CG and ripping one or the other off on a low tree limb. Some campers will tie or place something similiar on the steering wheel or gear shift as a reminder.
Good Luck! Happy camping and enjoy yourselves to the fullest!!

sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #33

Well… We're about to leave on our first camping trip. I'm ready to pull out of the driveway and I have everything hooked up, but I have a question about bumper height.

My bumper height is exactly 1 inch lower with the camper hooked up. Is that normal or should I look to adjust my WDH for my next trip?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #34

That is after the auto leveler on the Armada kicked in
Old 05-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
Well… We're about to leave on our first camping trip. I'm ready to pull out of the driveway and I have everything hooked up, but I have a question about bumper height.

My bumper height is exactly 1 inch lower with the camper hooked up. Is that normal or should I look to adjust my WDH for my next trip?
Normal to drop a bit. If the trailer is fairly level you should be good to go. Send us a pic when you can of your Armada and trailer hitched. You may still have to adjust a touch.

Have fun and enjoy the trip.

2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer
2012 F150 EcoBoost (HD Payload & Max Tow)
Doering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #36

Not sure how to load a pic via the mobile app. Will have to do that when I get back. Classic first trip… my four-year-old threw up as we are pulling out of the driveway
Old 05-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #37
Fulltime family RVer

I'll admit, I LOL'd a little. Sorry to hear of the mess. May that be the worst of your weekend!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #38

We made it!!! First 30 miles sucked as I was not used to pulling a camper, but I settled in and enjoyed the first trip this far. Only thing I can't figure out is how I get the fridge colder. No dial, just a small cord with a plastic piece at the end.

I would think a simple knob would have been easier
Old 05-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #39

Good stuff! Ya, it doesn't take long to get used to the feel and effect of the trailer behind you. Takes several hours for the fridge to get really cold.
Enjoy the long weekend!

2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer
2012 F150 EcoBoost (HD Payload & Max Tow)
Doering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #40
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
We made it!!! First 30 miles sucked as I was not used to pulling a camper, but I settled in and enjoyed the first trip this far. Only thing I can't figure out is how I get the fridge colder. No dial, just a small cord with a plastic piece at the end.

I would think a simple knob would have been easier
Herk has a photo in his Herkabrary, but essentially - slider the plastic piece up that holds up the wire-looking thing.