Old 05-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #41

Thanks. That seems to have solved the problem.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:10 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
We made it!!! First 30 miles sucked as I was not used to pulling a camper, but I settled in and enjoyed the first trip this far. Only thing I can't figure out is how I get the fridge colder. No dial, just a small cord with a plastic piece at the end.

I would think a simple knob would have been easier
Good idea, start your fridge a day or two before you leave. It does take them awhile to cool down, we give ours 24 hours. That way you can cool it down, and stock it up before leaving.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #43

get a spare door key made and hide it somewhere outside. on our second camping trip with our first camper we locked ourselves out. the first thing I did with our new camper was get a spare key and hide it under the trailer.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #44
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry1946 View Post
get a spare door key made and hide it somewhere outside. on our second camping trip with our first camper we locked ourselves out. the first thing I did with our new camper was get a spare key and hide it under the trailer.
I took a different route and had copies of my main door key made for all of my key chains. I then put my spare set of keys in the camper.

I just don't see the day that I lose both my truck keys and camper keys. As long as I have one or the other, I can get back in.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #45

Guess I didn't get this to you in time for your first trip but it might help for your next one. When disconnecting the trailer from the hitch always make sure your trailer wheels are blocked and if possible leave at least one of the chains connected. Once you're off the hitch you can remove the chains.

We all know that tires need to be blocked but might not appreciate to do it first thing before disconnecting. You never know when a slight grades going to ruin your camping trip before it even gets started.
2012 (6 nights), 2013 (32 nights), 2014 (26 nights), 2015 (37 nights), 2016 (14 nights)
mTn_biKer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

I took a different route and had copies of my main door key made for all of my key chains. I then put my spare set of keys in the camper.

I just don't see the day that I lose both my truck keys and camper keys. As long as I have one or the other, I can get back in.
That is exactly what we do. If I lock one set in camper and the other in the truck, I call Goodsams to open the truck. Just say'in.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTn_biKer65 View Post
Guess I didn't get this to you in time for your first trip but it might help for your next one. When disconnecting the trailer from the hitch always make sure your trailer wheels are blocked and if possible leave at least one of the chains connected. Once you're off the hitch you can remove the chains.

We all know that tires need to be blocked but might not appreciate to do it first thing before disconnecting. You never know when a slight grades going to ruin your camping trip before it even gets started.
I agree. The first thing is block the TT tires before anything. Unfortunately, I have seen the results. TT did not move until it was off the truck and leveled. When it rolled forward it bent all 4 level jacks with the front folded under, bent the tongue jack. I suspect it was costly.
After seeing that, not only blocked, but xchocked both sides.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

It's hard to do but it can be done, I had truck keys with camper key on ring, my wife had a set of the same. She leaves hers inside the camper and borrows mine, goes inside and lays them down, comes back out intending to leave door unlocked, but somehow had locked the top spring loaded lock and shut the door , it was locked, both sets, truck and camper keys inside, didn,t know it until about 9 pm when we started in. Lucky we had friends there and stayed with them that night. It's funny now , haha but not then.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter969 View Post
Whole family and I locked out of our trailer in a down poor on our very first trip ever camping.
that is why I keep my keys on a neck laynard, and the wife has the other set. if anybody see a guy at the campgrounds with a orange laynard with keys around his neck it is me...

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #50

I taped a spare key to the inside of the front storage compartment door. After arriving at cg I leave that unlocked and just us.e twist knob to keep it closed.