Old 05-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #51

The front of the camper seems to be a little bit up, but I don't think I would want to put more tongue weight on the Armada.

I did weigh it on the CAT Scales as we were going to our destination...

Front axle = 2,820
Rear axel = 4,140
GW = 13,580

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2919812073.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	31442

Old 05-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #52
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry1946 View Post
get a spare door key made and hide it somewhere outside. on our second camping trip with our first camper we locked ourselves out. the first thing I did with our new camper was get a spare key and hide it under the trailer.
LOL, literally! DH was playing golf yesterday and I was still tinkering with the "new TT move in" items....LOST THE KEYS! when I got ready to button up...couldn't find 'em.

Both sets were still on the dealer "boat float" key bob.

I panicked. Was running all over the back yard, thinking the "terrorist" (teacup chihuahua) had decided it'd make a good chew toy and grabbed it.

Total panic as I was trying to figure out *how* to tell the Captain I'd lost the keys before we ever christened the ship!

Found 'em....on the kitchen counter in the house.

Yeah, the sets will be split up now.

One trick we've already decided is when the doors are both locked, close the hand rail acrosss it....doors unlocked? hand rails are out.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:06 AM   #53

I was camped at a pretty level spot sitting near the unhooked Cardinal when it slid a good foot with the plastic chalks in place! I now have two xchocks and have not had a problem since. No damage but it could have been ugly... So, I suggest you level the rig, put the xchocks in place and then consider unhooking.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:18 AM   #54

I bought the Xchocks, but the Coachmen has a bigger spread than the Xchock can support.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
I bought the Xchocks, but the Coachmen has a bigger spread than the Xchock can support.
Yes, xchocks work and helps to remove some trailer jiggle.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #56

Took me a whole season to get over the jitters of towing one of these things. Some miles and time behind the wheel help to calm the nerves. Backing up was also gut wrenching...Better now but still takes me a few times to get it right. Backing the trailer towards the drivers side is much better as you have a view of the entire trailer.

Take it slow. Hitch up correctly. Chock Both sides of the trailer (Dont ask me me why i suggest this!)
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTn_biKer65 View Post
Guess I didn't get this to you in time for your first trip but it might help for your next one. When disconnecting the trailer from the hitch always make sure your trailer wheels are blocked and if possible leave at least one of the chains connected. Once you're off the hitch you can remove the chains.

We all know that tires need to be blocked but might not appreciate to do it first thing before disconnecting. You never know when a slight grades going to ruin your camping trip before it even gets started.
Unfortunately I know this all too well....Second trip ever. Took some friends with me to the race track. After a nice show of backing for all the neighbors to see for about 15 minutes, I get the trailer level with Lynx blocks on one side. Ground slopes from right to left a good bit, pull the chains remove the bars and as soon as the coupler clears the hitch the trailer rolls off the blocks and twists nose toward toward the sloped side. Moved about 2'. I never chocked the side that was on the blocks. Cost me a Fast Flip Foot Jack and a bit of pride. Now routine is that both sides get Chocked, Truck in neutral with foot off brake to settle the whole rig. Chains are the last thing off during un hitching. I even do this on my very level storage spot.
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
Unfortunately I know this all too well....Second trip ever. Took some friends with me to the race track. After a nice show of backing for all the neighbors to see for about 15 minutes, I get the trailer level with Lynx blocks on one side. Ground slopes from right to left a good bit, pull the chains remove the bars and as soon as the coupler clears the hitch the trailer rolls off the blocks and twists nose toward toward the sloped side. Moved about 2'. I never chocked the side that was on the blocks. Cost me a Fast Flip Foot Jack and a bit of pride. Now routine is that both sides get Chocked, Truck in neutral with foot off brake to settle the whole rig. Chains are the last thing off during un hitching. I even do this on my very level storage spot.
Happened to me, too, years ago. Differential braking works for steering airplanes and tanks. And it works on campers when you don't really want it to.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #59
Hybrid_Lvr

Have some beverages in the fridge and when your done setting up, sit and relax with a cold one. Your deserve it.