Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2019, 03:37 PM   #1

2 Thumbs Up To Airexcel

Our '19 Rockwood Minilite 2109s had a squeaking fan motor in the bathroom Maxxair fan...

Would drive me nuts... squeaking, 'specially in low speed...

Now, take it back to dealer or fix it myself...

Like all the other small issues, better to fix it yourself (if your handy.... better learn to be handy after buying an rv... jus' sayin)

I called Airexcel, the folks who make the Coleman Mach a/c and the Maxxair fans... explained the squeakin fan motor and asked if they could send me a new motor or did I have to take it to dealer... to my glee, the rep I was talking to said they would be glad to send me the new motor... no charge!!

Got it quickly in the mail, swapped it out with the bad one, (not hard at all, but had to go on the roof and take all inside trim panels off...) but easy to do if you are a little bit handy with fixing stuff.

Just a big thanks to Airexcel for sending me the new part and saving a trip back to the dealer...

So far, all the stuff that needed fixing on our 2109s I have had to fix myself... 2 of the problems were the items the dealer "touched" before we took delivery... replaced the vent over the bed with a Maxxair Delux 10 speed fan, which rainwater poured in a short while after... turned out to be a shoddy seal job up top on roof... and swappin the toilet to a porcelin bowl style, and water line leak there.

I dont think I will ever spend money on extended warranty again.
6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote