Old 04-02-2016, 04:13 PM   #31
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
We try to stick with the 350-400 mile limits others mentioned. Take our time, stay safe and get set up before dark. Have done a couple of 700 mile days and they were real killers!
I'm with you. Setting up before dinner is even better, but definitely setting up before dark. Enjoying the journey and not just the arrival is also key.

2016 Forester 2401R
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:33 PM   #32
We always go by the 6/300/3 formula. No more than 6 hours on the road or 300 miles, whichever comes first, and park in the campground or wherever by 3PM. It is relaxing and stress free.

Marcel & Jenne
Kemptville, ON
2014 Rockwood 8282WS
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #33
Made a trip last summer from Anniston, Al to Minot ND 1600+ miles pulling a trailer. Did about 700 miles first day, 450 2nd day and 600 3rd. Talk about tough don't like doing that, but I had to. I like to keep if around 350 to 400 miles a day.
pinkstonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:40 AM   #34
I saw terrain mentioned in one post in determining your travel endurance but not wind. A very windy day can really wear you down in a hurry as we've learned crossing the plains states. Otherwise we can do a 500 mile day if necessary but generally stick to the 300 to 350 rule as well, know your limits and travel safely. Good luck!
appalachian trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:05 AM   #35
No one has mentioned traffic either. I camp in Los Angeles at Dockweiler Bch. RV park frequently to check in on my elderly Mom. Just trying to get out of the traffic can take three hours. With four or five lanes of traffic going in one direction and the mental focus it requires, wears me out. Three hours of being stuck in traffic feels like the equivalent of eight hours of rural driving to me. (And I spent most of my life living there fighting it daily.)

mtnlvr is online now   Reply With Quote