Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2015, 06:14 PM   #1

Adding a gray water tank

I have a 30WRS work & play trailer and it currently is set up with 33 gal of gray water and 33 gal of black water storage. there is actually enough space between the 2 tanks to install another gray water tank of the same size. I stay in alot of state parks without sewer hookup and it would work great to have 66 gal of gray water storage. Has anyone tried this? Do you know if I tee into the existing will it vent properly?
Scott Colegrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:28 PM   #2

My pop up has two grey tanks connected to a common drain and my pop up has a separate vent for each grey tank. So I would think you do need a separate vent for each.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:34 PM   #3
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Colegrove View Post
I have a 30WRS work & play trailer and it currently is set up with 33 gal of gray water and 33 gal of black water storage. there is actually enough space between the 2 tanks to install another gray water tank of the same size. I stay in alot of state parks without sewer hookup and it would work great to have 66 gal of gray water storage. Has anyone tried this? Do you know if I tee into the existing will it vent properly?
Shouldn't be a problem adding a vent if you're adding the tank. You can always put the vent in the side, close to the top and coil a couple of loops in the tubing and wire tie it. A little water added in one loop will stop any odor from escaping. You could always connect the two grey tanks with a vent tube which would let the new tank vent thru the existing vents in the old tank.

Tags
tank, water, water tank