Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Air release graphics

Our new th has what was called air release graphics. My question is can some be removed,maybe with a heat gun, and extreme caution? As I have read in other threads,the manufacture tried to use color combo's that can be tied to most any TV,and in doing so over did it some in my opinion. I think,if it is poss,sooner is better,to reduce the chance of ghost graphics, from sun fade. Any thoughts?
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

3M states that the graphics can be removed, when the substrate temps are above 28*C, easily without heat or chemicals. Would definitely do it as soon as possible if you are thinking of removing some of them, because of the ghosting effect.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Thanks !

That sounds much less dangerous.
Oh, n by the way, I very much enjoy the antics and adventures of the entire Phat Phrog Stunt Team. Yesterday I read a comment turbbs posted,about signing up for goshen. Is there space? And is a weekend trip poss? If so this is probly the only way my DW n I could make it, as she has already scheduled All possible vacation time for a trip west to Black hills, and yellowstone. But we would like to maybe come to Goshen n enjoy warm summer and adult beverage,n may b pro-b stunt team antics.
Hope that DW stands for "dear wife"?? My boys gave me a book this past Christmas ,txt n for dummies, like a txt dictionary. Guess I should may b study.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm sure there is plenty of room yet in Goshen. Only thing is, it runs from Sun 4th - Sat 10th, so not really a weekend kind of thing. But if you want to get together some weekend for a beverage, I'm game. We're not that far apart. Live in Tipp City, work in Piqua.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post
Thanks !

That sounds much less dangerous.
Oh, n by the way, I very much enjoy the antics and adventures of the entire Phat Phrog Stunt Team. Yesterday I read a comment turbbs posted,about signing up for goshen. Is there space? And is a weekend trip poss? If so this is probly the only way my DW n I could make it, as she has already scheduled All possible vacation time for a trip west to Black hills, and yellowstone. But we would like to maybe come to Goshen n enjoy warm summer and adult beverage,n may b pro-b stunt team antics.
Hope that DW stands for "dear wife"?? My boys gave me a book this past Christmas ,txt n for dummies, like a txt dictionary. Guess I should may b study.
Maybe you could talk to Bob about coming in on friday or saturday as others will be to and help volunteer and staying till monday or Tuesday?
Not sure if that's possible but maybe that's a way to visit with us!!!!!!!!

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
I'm sure there is plenty of room yet in Goshen. Only thing is, it runs from Sun 4th - Sat 10th, so not really a weekend kind of thing. But if you want to get together some weekend for a beverage, I'm game. We're not that far apart. Live in Tipp City, work in Piqua.
Yes, let's try n make that happen.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

Maybe you could talk to Bob about coming in on friday or saturday as others will be to and help volunteer and staying till monday or Tuesday?
Not sure if that's possible but maybe that's a way to visit with us!!!!!!!!

Turbs
That sounds good.if possible,both with Bob, and dw's schedule. I can't (without potential retribution) volunteer her,but I would be glad to help.
I am learning handles,but not yet names,think Bob may see this post n reply with info.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post

That sounds good.if possible,both with Bob, and dw's schedule. I can't (without potential retribution) volunteer her,but I would be glad to help.
I am learning handles,but not yet names,think Bob may see this post n reply with info.
Send him a private message. F.r.o.g. Is his username on here.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Will do, thanks.

As mentioned, going to yellowstone, this summer.questions about elevation. 3500-4000 ft is highest I've towed. This will b first time at considerably more, like 2x+.tv is 03 6.0 studded,deleted,29 spline turb,4"t-back mbrp,and now back to stock gaskets,after black max failure,sct tune. Th is 7800# roughly dry, max 10000# , and will likely be closer to latter. Timed brake control,probly should upgrade.old truck is well maintained,brakes steering comps tires acc.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated,
Old 03-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

You should be fine. I would upgrade brake controller, will make a big difference. Just take it easy on ascents. Not sure of you route into Yellowstone, but if you go in northeast gate, you will be traveling Beartooth highway. It's a long way up and down, take your time and enjoy the view!