Old 03-26-2016, 12:22 PM   #11
One or two quality inverter generators. A broom for dirt and snow on the floor and slides. Rope. Couple fo 5 gallon fuel containers. Some solar lights that are motion activated over the door and tongue. A can opener\multi tool. An electric space heater or two. Containers to place all your can goods and stuff inside the storage compartments so they do not go flying all over the place when towing. I use empty milk\water jugs to take up space in drawers and cabinets to prevent damage or movement. Lots of flash lights scattered around the RV and TV. Cardboard boxes folded flat to set your generator on or store things while in transit. Lots of storage and garbage bags. Grocery bags too.

2016 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS = "Madame Maxime"
Maxxis M8008 E rated Tires and 16" Wheel Upgrade
Dual A/C, 14K Equalizer WD hitch with SC
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins TD, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:25 PM   #12
1. Tension bars for the refrigerator to keep stuff from falling over and moving around.
2. Small baskets or plastic bins to also keep stuff from moving around in cabinets and cubbies.
3. Multi-purpose lighter with the metal wand for lighting camp fires, gas grills or oven in camper.
4. Stuff to do on rainy days when you might be stuck inside your camper, i.e. cards, puzzles, crosswords, board games or whatever else floats your boat.
5. Big cooler in case you have any problems with electricity or refrigerator.
6. Some kind of mattress topper because most RV mattresses are super uncomfortable.
7. One of those big camping mats, door mat, or both so you don't track in a ton of dirt or gravel into your new rig. You'd be surprised just how much stuff gets tracked in even in 1 day when you are on a site that is something other than grass.
8. Tablecloth that will fit a picnic table and some clamps to hold it on (in case it is windy). We've discovered that some picnic tables can be pretty gross, even if the campground is nice.
9. Enough camping chairs for everyone who will be camping with you, just in case there is no picnic table. That way you'll have a place to sit outside and eat and of course for sitting around a campfire.
10. This one isn't a necessity but we use them on pretty much every trip. Smores sticks! My kids love having their smores, but I'm not a fan of using random sticks. So, I found something similar to this. I have a store near me that sells them in a pack of 10 for $1.00 but I'm posting this link so you can see what I'm talking about.

Happy camping!

No Longer Newbies

2016 Trips:16 Nights:41
2015 Trips:13 Nights:29
2014 Trips:13 Nights:31
CarolinaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:30 PM   #13
Not sure what the parks are like down there but in Canada, 100 feet of power cord. They save money by making you provide the cable.
RussPastuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:37 PM   #14
Originally Posted by RussPastuch View Post
Not sure what the parks are like down there but in Canada, 100 feet of power cord. They save money by making you provide the cable.
I have not needed to use more than the 35 feet attached to the lite.

I have extra just incase......
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:39 PM   #15
Location: Home of the 4 time Super Bowl Champions Patriots and we'll be there again
Camco screen door cross bar and 50' of coax cable
Mary and Me
2015 2650s

2015 Jeep Cherokee
n-e-d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #16
Sounds like this forum has already loaded you down. But don't forget AC power adapters. Some parks have only 20 or 30 or 50 amp service. You need to be able to hook up to any style plug.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:07 PM   #17
Originally Posted by Trot27 View Post
We recently purchased a 2008 Cedar Creek Silver Back 30LSTS. It will move us from Nashville, TN to Seattle, WA over the course of about 2-3 months for work. We're definitely going to see some of the National Parks along the way, but will also be working in the different cities along the way. Besides the obvious water hose, sewage hose, water pressure regulator, blocks to chock/ level...what else have you found that I'll be thankful I had, or made everyday type RV living much more easy? I'm open to suggestions on nearly anything, as it's ALL new to us!

Thanks in advance!
I use a lot of electric appliance and use campground electric, saves propane.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 01:33 PM   #18
Most importantly, in my opinion, is having plenty of time off or free time to enjoy your new RV!
philobeddoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:22 PM   #19
30 Watt Solar panel with good waterproof controller. I mounted mine over the battery in the front and it keeps my battery up over the winter without pulling it out.
randman132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:29 PM   #20
Plenty of ice and a camp chair for me to sit in when I visit.

An immoral brother-in-law that's a banker (this is your biggest need!)

A name plate so I can find you at campsites (I can't find one I like, however).

All the above in jest. I am making my own list, and I've added about 20 items to it since this thread started. Very good stuff. Thanks, everyone.

"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man"Calvin Coolidge
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now   Reply With Quote