Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 32
Any Tips???

Greetings, I'm new to this forum and would like to get some info as well as share some. I have a 2005 cherokee lite 28a+ . My issue is this: the interior lights do not work on the 12v battery alone. They will however work on direct 220, or if the unit is hooked to my tow vehicle. All fuses appear to be intact, battery is fully charged and everything else works like the slides and the power tongue jack...................Anyone have any clues???
__________________

__________________
cthelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
NWJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Enumclaw, WA
Posts: 2,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthelite View Post
Greetings, I'm new to this forum and would like to get some info as well as share some. I have a 2005 cherokee lite 28a+ . My issue is this: the interior lights do not work on the 12v battery alone. They will however work on direct 220, or if the unit is hooked to my tow vehicle. All fuses appear to be intact, battery is fully charged and everything else works like the slides and the power tongue jack...................Anyone have any clues???
First of all welcome to the forum.

RVs do not run on 220volts although the plug would appear as thought they do. They are in fact 120 volt. Look to see if you have a battery disconnect switch somewhere in the rig. Many have them just inside the door and if turned off your lights will not work on battery. There are items that are connected directly to the battery even if you have a disconnect so this may be the case. Hopefully someone here will be along soon with the same rig that may have more insight.
__________________

__________________
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
 
Dave_Monica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,329
Welcome to the forum!

There's a 30 amp in-line fuse on the positive feed from the battery, should be close to the battery under the camper. Check to see if it's blown.

Dave
__________________


Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 32
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
Welcome to the forum!

There's a 30 amp in-line fuse on the positive feed from the battery, should be close to the battery under the camper. Check to see if it's blown.

Dave
Hey Dave, Thanks for the info. I tryed looking underneath for that fuse and found nothing however, I do have 30 amp fuses in my fuse box that are intact (im gonna keep lookn though).
__________________
cthelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
First of all welcome to the forum.

RVs do not run on 220volts although the plug would appear as thought they do. They are in fact 120 volt. Look to see if you have a battery disconnect switch somewhere in the rig. Many have them just inside the door and if turned off your lights will not work on battery. There are items that are connected directly to the battery even if you have a disconnect so this may be the case. Hopefully someone here will be along soon with the same rig that may have more insight.
Thanks NWJ I'll be lookn
__________________
cthelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
milzat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Prairieville, Louisiana
Posts: 1,927
May be a bad main breaker, or a bad connection at the main breaker. Look under the front of the trailer, near the "A" frame.



The main 12 volt breaker is installed in-line of the large RED cable. The connections at the breaker are famous for corroding. The breaker is a 50 amp.
__________________
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
milzat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Prairieville, Louisiana
Posts: 1,927
The beaker could be a auto re-set or a manual Re-set. If it is bad, you can replace it with an auto re-set breaker. If your breaker is a manual re-set, there will be a small botton on the side of the breaker housing. Push it in to re-set it.

__________________
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by milzat View Post
The beaker could be a auto re-set or a manual Re-set. If it is bad, you can replace it with an auto re-set breaker. If your breaker is a manual re-set, there will be a small botton on the side of the breaker housing. Push it in to re-set it.

Thanks! TONS!! milzat I did see something underneath that resembles this I'll look for the reset tomorrow and get back to you!
__________________

__________________
cthelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.