Old 11-12-2014, 08:19 AM   #11
Originally Posted by garycarson View Post
We are having to stay in our Flagstaff 832IKBS until december. A little worried about the outside shower & faucet freezing since they are outside. I was thinking a light bulb, but not sure if it would get too hot or maybe removing shower head. Not sure that would still leave water in faucets.
Your thoughts on these ideas on whether they suck or do you have some other thoughts as a simple solution until I can winterize.
If you think the Very Thin plastic Box in the lower left in the Pic. will stop Freezing the OS/Shower (Go for it)! This Area is a (9 x5) Non insulated (HOLE) in the side of your RV! To prevent freezing (Remove hose,open H/C valves,go inside and cut supply lines to OS/shower,install shutoff valves) Now you will NOT have Water (IN or Going) to the OS/Shower! Any other way (Will/Could) end with (I Didn't think it would Get (That Cold)! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2200.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	66282  

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:53 AM   #12
When we camp we usually bring along a thermostat & remote sensor. While traveling, if we've turned the fridge off, the thermostats in the cab with us and the remote sensors in the fridge monitoring the temperature. While camped the thermostat goes inside the TT and the remote sensor outside in a shaded area.

Anyhow if you have a similar thermostat with a remote sensor you could place the sensor in the outside shower to keep an eye on it's health.

Nights camped
2007 Shamrock F19 hybrid - 2010 (22 nights), 2011 (24 nights), 2012 (11 nights)
2013 Surveyor Select 235RKS -
2012 (6 nights), 2013 (32 nights), 2014 (26 nights), 2015 (37 nights), 2016 (14 nights)
mTn_biKer65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #13
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I just removed the entire faucet assy and capped the lines. We never used it on this camper or the previous 2 that had it.
I use the compartment to store the Dish cables.

LOVE this idea. I doubt Sneak and I will ever use the outdoor shower either. Perfect for storing the satellite cables! Leave it to OC to think of another use for that small storage area.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 04:21 PM   #14
I had the same problem so I removed and plugged the lines feeding the faucet then I removed the faucet and shower head. Stuffed insulation in the compartment and closed the door.

jdslacy is offline   Reply With Quote

show, shower