Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #41

Allstays is a great app. I have used it countless times.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #42

This one list Fuels stops and overnight stays (Walmart and Rest Areas) for most interstate highways, it is free.
http://www.findfuelstops.com/truck-stop-interstate
We recently stayed at Rest Areas traveling thru West Texas. Walmart at Deming NM, Casa Grande Az. On our return trip Walmart in Winslow, Az. and Amarillo, Tx.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:19 PM   #43

We have used many Walmarts on the East Coast and they have all been welcoming. The one suggestion is to pick your spot carefully, staying within the directions from the store. I have moved when I was sandwiched between Semis that ran all night long.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 12-30-2014, 07:42 PM   #44

We would rather stay at larger truck stops. I feel safer being in with the big rigs and other RVers. I'm not always comfortable with Walmart locations. I know truckers will come to your aid too. They're always helpful.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:47 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampddc View Post
I notice the Wal-Mart listed in Deland Fl is listed as a no over night parking location. I drive by there several times a week, and there seems to be RVs there most mornings.

Recently there was a Mountain Aire parked for almost a month with a toad, and bike rack...lol.
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:28 AM   #46

Set up for Walmart was one of our top priorities. We stop every other night when on the road when heading from point a to point b. We usually spend a $100 when we stop with gas and other items. Always ask permission. App available that is free for our Android showing the ONP Walmarts. Have had trouble trying to stay out of the truckers area. We ask where to park when getting permission and found ourselves parking in the what the truckers think is truckers only parking. I do my best to stay out of their way, but have not always been successful. We have golf cart batteries along with an inverter so we can watch tv and have lights along with the water pump. We do use Walmart for Number 2, but TT for Number 1. Walmart have been great. We know there are cameras and also security guards usually. Never put stabs down and am very cautious to protect their property and be a good guest. We always return their carts because we do not want to cause the workers to walk way out of their way to get our carts. Thank you Walmart.

BTW, we have asked permission on some that say no overnight parking. We have found that some say it is ok for one night only. Always ask. Sometimes they can not with local ordinances.
We are driving a Ford F250 Gasser and pulling a Evergreen G269FK. We also have a Cairn Terrier. 2 Champion Generators. This year, planning on 6 months in our Evergreen visiting, California, Michigan, and Ohio. We live in Florida. Grandkids, and dog are why we camp. Also have a Hensley Hitch which that eliminates all sway. Pricey, but worth it.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:04 PM   #47

Let you Wallyworld fans in on a little secret, promise not to tell?

Movie theaters.

From Sunday to Thursday the parking lot is nearly empty. Go see a movie and ask, never been turned down yet.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
Old 01-04-2015, 09:48 PM   #48

I am new here, are you all saying that it is ok to spend the night in ANY walmart parking
lot, no matter what state or city? with my TT, ? just checking, thanks.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:56 PM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

No some municipalities do not allow it and some Wal-Mart's do not allow it. When you do stay it is for a quick overnighter and not to setup full camp. Here is a thread about Wal-Mart camping etiquette
Old 01-04-2015, 10:13 PM   #50

The Walmart in Sebring, FL has posted signs "no overnight camping". We stay at Highlands Hammock State Park only five miles south off of US27. We saw two black bears cross our bike path Christmas day. I do believe that the Walmart has the largest paved pads.

2015 Rockwood 2703WS
2013 Ford f-150 5.0 3.55
Old 01-04-2015, 11:05 PM   #51
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorchPotato View Post
I am new here, are you all saying that it is ok to spend the night in ANY walmart parking
in California, most cities don't allow it, no matter what Walmart says.
only a few of California's Walmarts can allow it and they're in rural communities.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
Old 01-05-2015, 11:17 AM   #52

Staying in Movie Theater parking lots?

I don't think I would ever be comfortable staying in a movie parking lot. I like the security of other campers/trucks around. Movie theaters are typically frequented by local kids, and now days I just don't want that to become an opportunity for trouble. I'll stick with Truck Stops. We get great coffee in the morning and breakfast and a quick gas up and we're on the road. I'm just not big on being alone, even for a few hours.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:04 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorchPotato View Post

Quote from Walmart FAQ....

While we do not offer electrical service or accommodations typically necessary for RV customers, Walmart values RV travelers and considers them among our best customers. Consequently, we do permit RV parking on our store lots as we are able. Permission to park is extended by individual store managers, based on availability of parking space and local laws. Please contact management in each store to ensure accommodations before parking your RV.

Ontario, Canada

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7
2015 Rockwood Ultralite 2905ss

2015 Rockwood Ultralite 2905ss
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L
Old 02-08-2015, 01:47 PM   #54

If you have A smart phone down load the allstays App it List Walmart, Cracker Barrel, ect places to stays it list phone # so you can call a head for permission and where to park Great App
Old 02-09-2015, 11:44 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalQueen View Post
I don't think I would ever be comfortable staying in a movie parking lot. I like the security of other campers/trucks around. Movie theaters are typically frequented by local kids, and now days I just don't want that to become an opportunity for trouble. I'll stick with Truck Stops. We get great coffee in the morning and breakfast and a quick gas up and we're on the road. I'm just not big on being alone, even for a few hours.
The movie theater that I stayed at, was in a large mall with security, in fact the same security for the Walmart that's there; plus I carry my own "security". Another RVer being present would not make me feel anymore secure. And as far as local kids frequenting theaters, I guess you haven't paid much attention to what frequents Walmarts? LOL!

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
Old 02-09-2015, 01:59 PM   #56

I wonder if Walmart has some way to fill a couple of water jugs so I can take a shower after a long day on the road?
I would like to travel with no water in my tanks.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:18 PM   #57

Walmart is getting meaner. Many stores who used to allow overnighters' are sending the little security car to ask people to leave. If you haven't had that experience, it doesn't alter the fact that it's happening.
Perhaps people are asking to fill their water jugs, eh?
Old 02-11-2015, 06:12 PM   #58

Well, WM's policy statement does say to check with local mgt. first Get manager's permission and name, then tell Robocop to move on . . .
Old 02-11-2015, 07:34 PM   #59

Send a message via AIM to B and B
My local Supercenter allows overnight parking. The lot is on a 10 degree slope so a good nights sleep will depend on which way the trailer is parked.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
Old 02-11-2015, 07:55 PM   #60
Happy Campers

Overnight app

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwedell View Post
And all the Cracker Barrels
Look for RVPARKY, an app we got for free with details on Walmarts, Cracker Barrels, Flying J's, etc, as well as camping parks and RV parks.
Some Yorkies
Closed Thread

Tags
camper