Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #41
Allstays is a great app. I have used it countless times.

Jerry & Sheryl
2015 Rockwood 8280WS
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 Hemi 3.92 RR

Old 12-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #42
This one list Fuels stops and overnight stays (Walmart and Rest Areas) for most interstate highways, it is free.
We recently stayed at Rest Areas traveling thru West Texas. Walmart at Deming NM, Casa Grande Az. On our return trip Walmart in Winslow, Az. and Amarillo, Tx.

2011 Berkshire 390BH-60
Old 12-16-2014, 06:19 PM   #43
We have used many Walmarts on the East Coast and they have all been welcoming. The one suggestion is to pick your spot carefully, staying within the directions from the store. I have moved when I was sandwiched between Semis that ran all night long.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 12-30-2014, 06:42 PM   #44
We would rather stay at larger truck stops. I feel safer being in with the big rigs and other RVers. I'm not always comfortable with Walmart locations. I know truckers will come to your aid too. They're always helpful.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #45
Originally Posted by rampddc View Post
I notice the Wal-Mart listed in Deland Fl is listed as a no over night parking location. I drive by there several times a week, and there seems to be RVs there most mornings.

Recently there was a Mountain Aire parked for almost a month with a toad, and bike
2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost, Screw, H/D, 3.73
1930 lbs CCC
2010 Flagstaff 26 RLSS (Sold 05/16)
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Old 12-31-2014, 08:28 AM   #46
Set up for Walmart was one of our top priorities. We stop every other night when on the road when heading from point a to point b. We usually spend a $100 when we stop with gas and other items. Always ask permission. App available that is free for our Android showing the ONP Walmarts. Have had trouble trying to stay out of the truckers area. We ask where to park when getting permission and found ourselves parking in the what the truckers think is truckers only parking. I do my best to stay out of their way, but have not always been successful. We have golf cart batteries along with an inverter so we can watch tv and have lights along with the water pump. We do use Walmart for Number 2, but TT for Number 1. Walmart have been great. We know there are cameras and also security guards usually. Never put stabs down and am very cautious to protect their property and be a good guest. We always return their carts because we do not want to cause the workers to walk way out of their way to get our carts. Thank you Walmart.

BTW, we have asked permission on some that say no overnight parking. We have found that some say it is ok for one night only. Always ask. Sometimes they can not with local ordinances.
We are driving a Dodge Durango and pulling a Evergreen G269FK. We also have two Cairn Terriers. 2 Champion Generators. This year, planning on 6 months in our Evergreen visiting, California, Michigan, and Ohio. We live in Florida. Grandkids, and dogs are why we camp. Also have a Hensley Hitch which that eliminates all sway. Pricey, but worth it.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:04 PM   #47
Let you Wallyworld fans in on a little secret, promise not to tell?

Movie theaters.

From Sunday to Thursday the parking lot is nearly empty. Go see a movie and ask, never been turned down yet.
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
Old 01-04-2015, 08:48 PM   #48
I am new here, are you all saying that it is ok to spend the night in ANY walmart parking
lot, no matter what state or city? with my TT, ? just checking, thanks.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #49
Site Team
No some municipalities do not allow it and some Wal-Mart's do not allow it. When you do stay it is for a quick overnighter and not to setup full camp. Here is a thread about Wal-Mart camping etiquette
<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
Old 01-04-2015, 09:13 PM   #50
The Walmart in Sebring, FL has posted signs "no overnight camping". We stay at Highlands Hammock State Park only five miles south off of US27. We saw two black bears cross our bike path Christmas day. I do believe that the Walmart has the largest paved pads.

2015 Rockwood 2703WS
2013 Ford f-150 5.0 3.55

Closed Thread