Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2020, 04:37 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Anybody used the Hart air pressure inflator

Just saw a new line of lithium battery power tools by a company named HART. The tire inflator looks interesting and was wondering if anybody has tried it. It looks just like a power drill. It says it has a 0-150 psi rating but was wondering how it would work for topping off my tires rated at 110 psi.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HART-20-V...tery/149542526

https://www.harttools.com/

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 04:50 PM   #2

So the manual for that inflator indicates that it should only run for 5 minutes before it needs a 5 minute cool down period. That's likely to be a problem with your truck tires if you need to increase the pressure more than 1 or 2 PSI. (and if they are only 1 or 2 PSI low, do you really need to inflate them?) The problem here is air volume.

Most inflators like this one indicate that they should not be used on truck tires. This is because they just won't inflate them very fast, and are likely to exceed their max continuous run time and overheat.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:17 PM   #3

Viair makes many models of high quality portable compressors, although I don't think any are rechargeable. Some models are configured specifically for RV's. I am very happy with mine.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:33 PM   #4

I have the Ryobi version of that inflator and it is ok for an emergency, I suppose. I will be buying something like the Viair 88p, soon. Also looking at Smittybuilt. Those clip directly to your truck battery and have a higher duty cycle.
john221us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 01:42 PM   #5

I have a Viair portable compressor, it works great, it’s fast and durable. Downside, it’s expensive. I recently got a Milwaukee 2475-20. It also works great, a little slower compared to the Viair but much more convenient to use.
Leprechauner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 03:23 PM   #6

For those in Canada, I have been using a "MotoMaster Heavy Duty Tire Inflator with Case" from Canadian Tire ($80 on sale). It connects directly to the coach or chassis battery and seems to have a good capacity. My only issue was that the 12V power line was too short to reach the end of the motorhome so I spliced in a short length of 16 gauge wire. I mostly use it for adjusting the pressure in the Ride Rite air bags but I have also used it successfully to top up several tires.
2004 ALFA Leisure Gold Diesel Pusher (41')
1990 Elite (27' C Class, not on rental fleet)
1984 Elite (25' C Class on GO Vacations rental fleet)
HYDROG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:10 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
I'm the one who originally posted this thread and did so mostly out of curiosity. I have a Viair too and love it. I thought if this was a viable product for those looking for a light weight air compressor, could it fit their needs both in functionality and cost. I hope maybe I gave someone some ideas regarding a small air compressor and would still like to hear from someone who has used one. Thanks to all that replied.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #8

Looks like that would work great to store on motorcycle.
Thanks for the tip.

Nothing lasts forever, So live it up,laugh it off, take chances, & never have regrets, because at one point, everything you did was exactly what you wanted.
GlowPlug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure