Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2015, 11:07 AM   #1

Bent two stabilizer jacks

Hi - we did our first trip with our camper to my in-laws yard and had to go down a short grassy hill. In doing so, we bent two of our stabilizers on our Roo 233s. As they are not too expensive, it seems like we should just replace them instead of trusting them once bent back. Should I just buy something similar from Harbor Freight or is there an upgrade I should consider given the situation?
alfista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:17 AM   #2

I bent one of our stabilizers on our first trip out. I got it straightened out somewhat, but I knew it would never extend and retract easily. I bought these from Amazon. They are heavier and seem much better built than our original ones.
10K WD Equal-i-zer Hitch
2015 Coachmen Catalina 273BH
LANShark42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANShark42 View Post
I bent one of our stabilizers on our first trip out. I got it straightened out somewhat, but I knew it would never extend and retract easily. I bought these from Amazon. They are heavier and seem much better built than our original ones.
What you have I had installed and a electric motor attached to the rear ones to stabilize the Class C. Worked good until I forgot and drove off one morning...
Old 05-05-2015, 11:35 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANShark42 View Post
I bought these from Amazon. They are heavier and seem much better built than our original ones.
The scissor jacks listed are great, as we had them on our Trailmanor. But you need to careful if they are installed on a camper with a light weight frame. Those jacks can lift the wheels off the ground, and that might be too much for the frame to handle. A little dab will do you using those jacks........don't over do it.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #5

We had the 2 front get bent up when going into a service area that had a bad dip. We replaced them with a set we bought at an rv store in Texas. Last fall we hit something with 1 front one and I went to Camping World in Tucson and bought 1 and installed it.....then figured out that the new one operated in reverse direction. So now I have 3 that operate in righty down mode and 1 goes lefty down. Not bad with a battery powered drill gun though.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:21 PM   #6

Not sure about how well built or sturdy the Harbor Freight ones would be?? Once they are bent they never really work right again. I know Camping World, and RV dealers of course, usually have different quality levels of those jacks. Some are definately built of lighter weight materials to watch out for.
JoeNanMinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bent, jacks