Old 09-09-2014, 11:42 PM   #21

I would never have that "this is how you are going to wipe" conversation with any of my guests, Also 15 to 20 minutes IS too long at the public dump station. Fill them up before you leave the camp ground, dump the black first and finish with the grew shower water and you are done, if it take you more than 7 minutes start finish you are doing it wrong and being inconsiderate to you fellow campers who are sitting there waiting for you to finish. You should try the GEO method as it does seem to work pretty good. Don't be "that guy".....

MMattox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4FF View Post
Walmart. By the laundry detergent. Calgon. It is a liquid.

Thanks!

2006 Salem Forest River
392 FKTB

Old 09-30-2014, 11:11 PM   #23

I was waiting for an obsessive guy at the dump station a few weeks ago. He was wearing a pair of heavy rubber gloves that went up to his elbows, took 20 minutes to dump and then thoroughly wash his drain hose, washed his big gloves, washed out his dump bay compartment, and stow everything. Since I thought he was finally done, I started my MH to move forward.......but he then uncoiled the whole roll of fill hose and WASHED his MH!

Now 30 minutes have passed, and the entire dump station is covered in water. Talk about inconsiderate.....
Old 10-01-2014, 06:21 AM   #24

I have used the geo method for over a year now and swear by it. The new rig has the flusher and after I dump I let it run until it clears (I have the clear elbow thing) then I close the valve with the flusher still running. I let that run a few minutes then dump again. I do the geo thing and head for home. I use regular TP with the thin "RV" paper you end up using 3 times as much so you defeat the purpose.
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:08 AM   #25

This was a great post by the OP. It sounds like you do a great job cleaning your unit.

I am curious. Where do you dump the water form the black and grey tanks at home? That is a problem for most of us. We cannot just pull the plug and begin flushing out the brown trouts onto our yards.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #26

I've been using the Geo method and it works well. I have no foul odours from the black or gray tanks.

I make sure the black tank is as close to full as possible when I dump. When I pull the blank tank valve, I go back into the washroom and dump a 6 gallon jug of water down the toilet just as the tank is almost empty. This helps flush out stubborn debris.

I then dump two more jugs of fresh water into the black tank and toss in my soap/calgon mix and let it slosh around on the drive home.

I then drain the tanks in my driveway - which is nothing more than soapy water. I then add two jugs of water and soap/Calgon mix and i'm ready for the next trip.

water....water and more water is the secret!!

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:30 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
I have used the geo method for over a year now and swear by it. The new rig has the flusher and after I dump I let it run until it clears (I have the clear elbow thing) then I close the valve with the flusher still running. I let that run a few minutes then dump again. I do the geo thing and head for home. I use regular TP with the thin "RV" paper you end up using 3 times as much so you defeat the purpose.
Same here....use regular toilet paper......and dump the black tank...use the tank rinser...close the valve and let the rinser go for a few minutes...open valve.....close and let the rinser go again.....do this a few times and tank comes out clean. When dumping the last time before I travel...water in all the tanks with a little calgon and dawn dish soap.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:39 AM   #28

How much calgon and dawn dish soap should you dump in your tank after flushing

2006 Salem Forest River
392 FKTB
Old 10-02-2014, 08:33 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimh64 View Post
How much calgon and dawn dish soap should you dump in your tank after flushing?
I use a capful of Calgon and about a half a capful of Purex laundry detergent, not dish soap.

A word about running your black tank flushers with the drain valve closed: good chance you could blow out a seam in your tank from pressure buildup doing that. I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but my dealer told me he has had several black tank repairs and/or replacements just this year from people doing that. I thought the tanks were vented to prevent pressure buildup, but if yours happens to be blocked...who knows? Just something else to consider...
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:48 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimh64 View Post
How much calgon and dawn dish soap should you dump in your tank after flushing

2006 Salem Forest River
392 FKTB
I used powdered laundry soap and powdered Calgon........1 cup of each dumped in the tank.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, tank