Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2015, 01:47 PM   #1

Box crusher Stereo option

Help folks, we purchased a Vengence 31v TT toyhauler and the Box Crusher Stereo option was added. There are massive external speakers that we cannot get to work. Talked with dealer, talked with F.R. they say to take it back to dealer. There were no instructions as to how to get the speakers to work, should be able to hear them across any campground if working properly. Hope someone knows how to get them working.
woodg63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:06 PM   #2

Listen, use some sense here. "Massive EXTERNAL" speakers?? At a CG!!?? My advice
for you is to contact Good Sam for direction to some of the better CG's in Kabul!!

Then...let us know how you like it there and what kind of music "they" prefer...

I don't believe this one! ;o
Pixelbum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:48 PM   #3

Speakers and Cable

Pixelbum1,
If you look at the photos that I have attached, you will believe me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Note 4 502.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	354.1 KB
ID:	83779   Click image for larger version

Name:	Note 4 503.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	324.4 KB
ID:	83780   Click image for larger version

Name:	Note 4 505.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	83781   Click image for larger version

Name:	Note 4 504.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	375.1 KB
ID:	83782  
woodg63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:09 PM   #4

Let me know where you are going. I'm going the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:30 PM   #5

Well like everyone else who replied I don't have an answer to your question either. I will say I think they are a cool idea. Not everyone camps at a KOA style campground. We camp on our 5 acre river property and our main fire pit is a good 35 yards from out trailer. I could see these coming in handy. Hopefully there are some hi-teck gadgety folks on here that can help you out.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:37 PM   #6

I know on our 380 amp there are 2 switches near the stereo, one for the internal speakers toggles on/off and a second for the external speaker that also toggles on/off. Maybe check to see they if the externals are turned on.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:50 PM   #7

Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
Let me know where you are going. I'm going the other way.
X2 Oh, boy. Not sure what to say...try to respect others expectations?
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:55 PM   #8
Always Learning

Some setups use the stereo unit's fade or balance control to manage inside vs. outside. No idea if your setup is this way or not. Maybe futz with them.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:05 PM   #9

Hey, while we're at it, I purchased the "jackhammer" option so I can break up concrete while camping. Someone had the gall to complain in the middle of my session. Imagine that!
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:11 PM   #10

And now that we have all dumped on you...

Dang, Woodg63 we all dumped on you (me too) instead of helping. We don't know what you are going to use the speakers for or where, so we kind of jumped the gun. I think we have all been camped next to "the PARTY" at some point or another (think...NASCAR infield) and would have preferred the neighbors to be a bit more considerate with the music level. Even classical is annoying at 125db. Okay, some of it is annoying at lower levels also.
Hope you find out what is wrong and get them working, be kind to others.
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:22 PM   #11
Broken Toe

Just because they are huge speakers, do not mean they are always gonna be played at 'wake-the-dead' levels. I bet at moderate volume they sound WAY better than the crappy little ones that came on my Roo.

Shame on any of you uptight people dumping on this guy just because you decided to jump to conclusions about him.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #12

35 yards you could here those from 350 yards.
j free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B Travelers View Post
Dang, Woodg63 we all dumped on you (me too) instead of helping. We don't know what you are going to use the speakers for or where, so we kind of jumped the gun. I think we have all been camped next to "the PARTY" at some point or another (think...NASCAR infield) and would have preferred the neighbors to be a bit more considerate with the music level. Even classical is annoying at 125db. Okay, some of it is annoying at lower levels also.
Hope you find out what is wrong and get them working, be kind to others.
I for one have a hard time figuring out where massive stereo speakers would be a good idea, except in your own home. Camping in the Nascar infield?? Maybe the OP can tell us how he plans to use them.
stairs, and counting...
Old 07-23-2015, 01:46 PM   #14
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrun View Post
I for one have a hard time figuring out where massive stereo speakers would be a good idea, except in your own home. Camping in the Nascar infield?? Maybe the OP can tell us how he plans to use them.
IMO- who cares how the OP uses them unless you're directly impacted by it. Folks should either help answer the question or don't. No need to interject about their usage of them. That's like me asking what your favorite ice cream is and you telling me you're lactose intolerant and therefore no one should eat ice cream.

The OP asked how to make the speakers work- not is it right or wrong to do so.

ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Just because they are huge speakers, do not mean they are always gonna be played at 'wake-the-dead' levels. I bet at moderate volume they sound WAY better than the crappy little ones that came on my Roo.

Shame on any of you uptight people dumping on this guy just because you decided to jump to conclusions about him.

Tim
When I go camping, I don't want to hear anyone else's music, and don't play mine loud enough for anyone else to hear. I don't expect others to share my musical taste, excellent though it is. In fact, I always turn my outside speakers off and use a small bluetooth speaker attached to my phone when sitting outside. Common courtesy.
stairs, and counting...
Old 07-23-2015, 01:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
IMO- who cares how the OP uses them unless you're directly impacted by it. Folks should either help answer the question or don't. No need to interject about their usage of them. That's like me asking what your favorite ice cream is and you telling me you're lactose intolerant and therefore no one should eat ice cream.

The OP asked how to make the speakers work- not is it right or wrong to do so.

Bad example. By your reasoning, if someone asks how best to dump their grey water on site to make space, we should do our best to give them tips without pointing out that it is not something that should be done, because we aren't being directly affected? Maybe the OP is new to camping and genuinely doesn't realize that others don't necessarily want to hear their awesome bass and we are doing him a favor teaching him about camping etiquette.
stairs, and counting...
Old 07-23-2015, 01:57 PM   #17

C'mon guys seriously. I may be a new member to this thread but each of us has stuff that someone else would say is not necessary. My XLR has an on board generator, LED flood lights all the way around, and a "party" deck on the back. Now if I run my generator in the middle of the night, or leave all my exterior lights on at night, or decide to mount a stripper pole on my "party" deck then there would be a reason for someone else to comment on my lack of courtesy to others. Maybe we should find out what his tow vehicle is, he's probably overloaded!!
Old 07-23-2015, 02:00 PM   #18
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrun View Post
Bad example. By your reasoning, if someone asks how best to dump their grey water on site to make space, we should do our best to give them tips without pointing out that it is not something that should be done, because we aren't being directly affected? Maybe the OP is new to camping and genuinely doesn't realize that others don't necessarily want to hear their awesome bass and we are doing him a favor teaching him about camping etiquette.
We'll clearly not see eye to eye. But, I don't think your example works equally as much- in your case, the person is asking for something that is clearly disallowed almost most places. However, in this case- the OP asked how to get outside speakers to work. At no point did s/he indicate that they were going to play them loudly. Everyone jumped to conclusions and went so far as to insult the guy, "hey, I wanted to destroy property using a super loud piece of equipment. lol" It's not the same, it's not even close.

Again, answer the guy's question and maybe mention that most people consider it inconsiderate to play music loudly. I stand by what I said- help the OP or not.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:01 PM   #19

Cool option

In addition to camping with our kids at quiet campgrounds, we frequently use our Sunseeker to tailgate at concerts, usually parked in a field with several hundred new friends (who all want to use my bathroom instead of the PortaPottys) engaging in similar activities. A setup like this would be great...way better than what I've got. Just because the OP has this setup doesn't mean that he/she is a jerk that's going to crank it up at 6am in the quiet campsite next to you, just like I'd never use the speakers that I have set up for concerts while camping. Maybe he/she is a DJ and needs this setup for their business. This forum is very useful...lots of people willing to answer questions, offer advise, help out when possible. It would be great if that spirit continued in this thread. Does anyone have anything constructive or helpful to offer?
rad_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:03 PM   #20
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkchriston View Post
or decide to mount a stripper pole on my "party" deck
PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO THIS. I HAVE ONE$$$$$$.

Dammit, I said I was done with this thread and you had to throw that out there.