Old 10-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #21

I'm glad to say I have had only one issue where the base pan in my corner shower leaked. Seems like a lot of them have due to someone not caulking the area. A little caulk goes a long way FR. Other than that, lots of mods

Old 10-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #22

2011 Skyline Texan. Use microwave when AC was on. Breakers tripped. Called Dealership was told not to use both at the same time RV are not equipped to handle both. Don't know if that is right but now when I microwave I turn off AC. Only problem we ever had with 3 RV's. 1st and 2nd were used and no problems. 3rd was new at the time breakers tripped.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:34 AM   #23

Send a message via Skype™ to Chrisbrock
We have been blessed. Our 2014 Sunseeker 3170ds has been great. Just a few problems that we have fixed and kept on trucking

- shower was leaking onto the floor, (sealed & fixed)
- one drawer closing attachment feel apart (replaced & fixed) WARRANTY
- bath tub drain stop feel apart. (replaced / warranty)

The list goes on for about a dozen or so MINOR things. Most were handled while I waited at the dealership as warranty work.

All major components are running perfect.
2003 Hummer H2
2003 IS300
Chrisbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:59 AM   #24

A few issues with our Surveyor Sport...the major one being a safety recall involving the propane line--it was routed incorrectly and was being crushed when the axles came under compression. We also had the check valve in the water pump glitch out so that water would back-feed into the freshwater tank and fill it. The Jensen radio began mysteriously turning itself on...took awhile to diagnose and solve that one! A few other minor things due to cheap materials being used in fabrication. Easy fixes. Quality control within the RV industry is seriously lacking, IMHO.
Barker 3500 Tongue Jack
DW & a feisty Border Terrier named Painter
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:48 AM   #25

The fridge

We've camped in 100 deg temps and never had a problem with the fridge. The problems we've had, have been fairly minor, all taken care of through warranty.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #26

You could likely be talking about my grocery list of failures, but if not I wont bore you with them. I have fixed them all myself and was taken aback by the number of issues. even with all that said i still love mine. I will fix whatever breaks next.

IMHO, if you cant work on stuff and get a camper with the issues mine had you're gonna likely want to quit camping. You could also understand the first year is gonna be the shakedown year as sad and ridiculous as that is. Get the camper use it, and get the bugs worked out before camping season. I don't care what anyone says campers are cheap, poorly assembled trailers. they are not finished and will require a certain amount of post delivery repair. I imagine after the first year of 5-6 trips you should have the bugs worked out of it. if you can hang on for that long its worth the wait. The problems can be major I had what I consider some serious problems and if another person would have bought my camper they may have turned into nightmare problems.

added: I wouldnt mind taking my camper in for warranty repairs but its 80 miles and I can fix it in the time it takes to drive that far. not to mention diesel is 4.00$ a gallon
A&P
jack of all trades master of one...LOL
http://imageshack.us/a/img32/3111/ypy.JPG
wilem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbrock View Post
We have been blessed.

- shower was leaking onto the floor, (sealed & fixed)
- one drawer closing attachment feel apart (replaced & fixed) WARRANTY
- bath tub drain stop feel apart. (replaced / warranty)

The list goes on for about a dozen or so MINOR things.
how can this not scare someone into NEVER buying a camper? if this is blessed i would hate to see cursed.
A&P
jack of all trades master of one...LOL
http://imageshack.us/a/img32/3111/ypy.JPG
wilem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #28

i have had issues with my new tt but they are all minor issues that i have not taken it back to the dealer for. i plan on taking it back in in January and get them all taken care of we have 2 more trips planned for this year. Other than that i would consider us happy so far
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

WE have been very pleased with out Surveyor. There were several items fixed under warranty, and I fixed a couple myself to save driving the 170 miles or so to the dealer and back.

Things still work as intended, with a few fixes along the way. The unit tows great, but I do wish sometimes it was a bit shorter when trying to drive in towns and parking lots, or back into a short camping spot.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #30
ARLO

Problem free

Our 1995 Prowler was basically problem free. Our 2000 Sunline was fantastic. Six years, one slide relay in year 5. Our 2010 Flagstaff has been good. One door handle broke, replaced both to keep the same key. Floor problem that FR took to the factory to fix, Defective propane hose covered under warranty.