Old 02-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #11

Quote:
We typically leave everything in place until the very last minute.
We do the same, pack up the morning off.

Quote:
had people in it until 3pm when they were supposed to leave by 12pm
I agree jar3316, this is unfortunate and frankly ignorant of the people that were not ready and should have left by the check-out time. We're new with the TT however have enough experience to pack up and be off the site on-time. The exception possibly being an issue with their TT/TV, e.g. not starting.

TV - 2013 Silverado 1500, 5.3L
TT - 2012 Wildwood 26 TBSS
mduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

We've been known to say screw packing up and stay right on into monday !
Not once or multiple times but MANY !

Old 02-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
We've been known to say screw packing up and stay right on into monday !
Not once or multiple times but MANY !
Wonder how long we can stay at Rally until they kick us out?
Old 02-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

hmmmmm maybe till they need to mow again ?
Old 02-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by grb2980 View Post
We hate to break camp because that means the weekend is over and we're heading back to the real world. We typically leave everything in place until the very last minute. We often don't leave the campground until mid afternoon on the day we're supposed to check out. Unless we're being asked to vacate the spot to make room for the next camper, we stretch out the fun.
johnleannIt seems to take forever to break it down and get out of camp on the day of departure. We too do not want the fun to end is prob another reason. johnleannIt seems to take forever to break it down and get out of camp on the day of departure. We too do not want the fun to end is prob another reason. I hate to leave as well and dislike rushing around before driving . Unless we are partway somewhere then we start the cycle earlier.
Jayco Greyhawk 31ds 2012
Alan JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #16

To those of you who like to leave at the last minute, do like we do book an extra day. Then you don't have to be out by noon or 1 you can leave whenever you like that day.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis and Julie View Post
To those of you who like to leave at the last minute, do like we do book an extra day. Then you don't have to be out by noon or 1 you can leave whenever you like that day.
We have done this before so we can stay longer, especially if it is a close enough drive that we can get home and unhitched before dark. Think it was only an extra $35 once and we got to stay for dinner with our friends without having to rush off.
We are getting better at leaving the site on time. If we ever get to a point where we are actually traveling from place to place as is intended by having a Travel Trailer, I suspect we will travel light and unpack minimally.
I have already gotten some good points from reading this thread that might help with a timely departure.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #18
Wanna Be Camper

When we are breaking camp the next morning, unless we are trying to meet a specific arrival time on a short haul day, we usually are gone at between 5 and 530 in the morning so everything is stowed including the slides as we can get around our entire unit with the slides in. Only thing we need to put away is the power cord as we like our morning coffee. We are always hooked up with the stabilizers up ready to roll to keep the noise to a minimum when we roll out. we do this as most of our travel days are 12hr days.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #19
2011 Forest River Stealth

Me being a Boondocker or Dry Camper I like to be packed up and ready to go home first light. This way I get home intime to clean everything up. If I dont clean everything up as soon as I get home it might be a few days before I get to it. (I normally know the night before wheather or not I am staying another night)

As far as staying in a reserved spot, I am out of there before check out. Its all about RESPECT. I too have been in situations where someone is in my spot at check-in time.
To me thats NO RESPECT and we could have problems. Nothing like driving several hours to see someone in you spot. I like to set up ASAP, then it all about relax mode.

PLEASE HAVE RESPECT FOR OTHERS AND ENJOY YOUR CAMPING
rwtdct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #20

I pack up the day we leave and generally pull off the site within an hour of our vacate time. if you arrive early you may have to wait as I have done plenty of times myself. if I have need to leave late I reserve and pay for an extra night. To me the only reasonable excuse to be on-site after posted check out is an emergency