Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #1

Buckling flooring

Just noticed my floor is buckling (the linoleum not the floor itself) its a new (2012 TT) only 5 trips last year... Anyway the dealer says "they don't glue the linoleum down at the factory and since the linoleum merely stretched and tacked under the walls they can't do anything about it"
Any suggestions would be helpful. I don't want to "cut and glue" (dealers only option and not recommended by them) and I can't find any contact info for Forest River to see if they have suggestions.
Help!!!
1972 Kim (wife)
1999 Jack (son)
2009 Vic (wheaten)
grimesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimesb View Post
Just noticed my floor is buckling (the linoleum not the floor itself) its a new (2012 TT) only 5 trips last year... Anyway the dealer says "they don't glue the linoleum down at the factory and since the linoleum merely stretched and tacked under the walls they can't do anything about it"
Any suggestions would be helpful. I don't want to "cut and glue" (dealers only option and not recommended by them) and I can't find any contact info for Forest River to see if they have suggestions.
Help!!!
Still under warranty?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #3

How bad is it?
Could you warm it up and put something on it to flatten it back out?
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #4

Is it as cold there as it is here? I'm wondering if the linoleum has contracted at a different rate than the floor under it and will flatten out as the weather warms. If not I would certainly get it taken care of while it is under warranty. Take a picture and Email it to Forest River if the dealer won't help. I don't have the contact info for warranty handy, but it should pop up with a quick search of the forum.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #5

Thanks everybody!!

Yes still under warranty; after a second call the dealer is calling FR on Monday to get "suggestions" and will take it from there.
If that doesn't work (to our satisfaction) I'll get to FR direct.
So if anyone has the right person(s) at FR to contact.... It'd be appreciated.
Thanks again!
First trip of 13 coming up next week!!!
1972 Kim (wife)
1999 Jack (son)
2009 Vic (wheaten)
Old 03-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by backin15 View Post
Is it as cold there as it is here? I'm wondering if the linoleum has contracted at a different rate than the floor under it and will flatten out as the weather warms. If not I would certainly get it taken care of while it is under warranty. Take a picture and Email it to Forest River if the dealer won't help. I don't have the contact info for warranty handy, but it should pop up with a quick search of the forum.
I'm assuming... I'm in IL so it's just warming up now, but snow is predicted for Sunday
1972 Kim (wife)
1999 Jack (son)
2009 Vic (wheaten)
Old 03-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #7

I'm in Minnesota and it has been like January here! It finally made it above freezing today. Snow predicted for Sunday here too - I'm not sure if spring will ever arrive!
Here is a thread with Forest River contact info: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ation-372.html
Old 03-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #8

Our floor had the same problem. To repair, your cabinets must be removed and the flooring flatted back under.

I purchased ours with the bubble in the floor. We knew from day one that I would replace the the original linoleum with tile once trailer warranty was out.

I think I would prefer the factory to do this repair.
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #9

Thanks Vinster

Our "buckle" is near the wall under the slide side master bedroom window... Not sure there is an "easy" fix for it. I'm think factory/warranty job.
Dealer is calling FR to see.
1972 Kim (wife)
1999 Jack (son)
2009 Vic (wheaten)