Old 11-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
To my knowledge I saw Wildcat is installing the hot water heater bypass valve on the outside water hook up panel. They also put the antifreeze suction hose on the same outside panel. This is something Pete Leigl wanted to see on the Wildcat.

Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 40 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Is that a trick question.............

2013 Palomino 30ft. of Pure Bliss at 5400#-and then we have this 14 ft.Sea Eagle that I tote around for my wife and son.Michigan State Parks are The Best !:thumbsup
Boss Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:28 PM   #13
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
In that case they put the valves in the most inconvenient place they can with the hope that the buyer will be to old or incapacitated to do the work and will take it to a dealer who will charge three or four times the cost thus increasing the trickle down.
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:29 PM   #14
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker
Hey elind what about that "Cold" water-heater bypass valve?
Don & Dona W/yorkies Gizmo, Master Chief, & Tali
2011 Flagstaff 8528 BHSS 2015 Ford 6.7 XLT
2010 Full Timers & Still Going
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:18 AM   #15
I don't know if the by-pass valve piping in the unit mentioned by the OP could be modified for convenience, but many things like this can be improved. I would think in the interest of longer pipe runs; less antifreeze and simplicity they would have to be near the HWH???

My XLR 29HFS had several poorly planned or poorly executed examples including the fresh tank drain. It wasn't as difficult to get to as some mentioned here, but the factory with a piece of 1/2" PEX and a couple of fittings dropped it straight down from the drain hole; actually unnecessarily close to the ground. I replaced the pipe; routing it to the outside, which is easily reached.

I would say most if not all the poorly placed drains could be easily extended to one side or the other without running them uphill.

Getting to fix and upgrade is the fun part of RVing... don't you think?

I will say that many small things on my XLR were done right and are convenient, of course, only the things that are not, draws one's scrutiny.

If the supervisors at the factory were doing their jobs, these small problems that we bring to this forum, would all but be eliminated. Because, I doubt that the fine detail of the build are laid out exactly for the assembler.
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #16
It didnt seem that inconvenient when I installed them there,

Sincerely yours,

The guy who installed it into the camper when there were no walls in place...

2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
2015 Ford F150 Ecoboost
Semperfi24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #17
AKA: 'tiredTeacher
Originally Posted by mcnabbwr View Post
It is no different than any other product it's done for space savings and cost. If the engineering departments worked on any product in the field I believe they would make changes.
On our 2604WS, the WH, water pump, water filter are all located in a service bay accessible from the outside of the trailer. (Actually, it is the left side of the front pass-through storage. The storage compartment is divided into 1/3rd - 2/3rds with the plumbing in the smaller area.)
It's nice to be able to stand outside in one place and do all the winterizing procedure. Very smart design.

Wright and Penny
Richmond, Va.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote

bypass, cat, location, valve