Old 11-02-2014, 05:34 AM   #1

Bypass Valves - Location......why?

Am I the only one who wonders why they locate the bypass valves in such difficult places to get too? In our flagstaff they are behind a panel next to the toilet in the bathroom. To get to them you have to first extend the slide out a little so you can get to the bathroom located in the rear of the coach. Remove the access panel located near toilet and low to the floor, so you have to get on your hands and knees. Then bend over even further to see and access the valves. This is right near the hot water heater. Why couldn't those valves have been placed on the outside of the coach just above the hot water heater behind a locked access panel? Or in the hot water heater compartment? And I have seen or heard of bypass valves placed in worse locations. Appears to me people who design the coaches never think about small things like this. Don't get me started on the location of the dump valves for the grey and black water on this camper

Old 11-02-2014, 08:18 AM   #2
nosaint3

The first day I hooked up to the campground water on my trilogy we had water but no hot water. We found the shut off valve by climbing into the storage area and opening the panel next to the water shut off system and with a looky feely system got the shutoff valve turned on for hot water.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #3

It is no different than any other product it's done for space savings and cost. If the engineering departments worked on any product in the field I believe they would make changes. I won't mention make or model, but remember several years ago if you wanted to change a spark plug in this car you needed to remove the motor mounts to jack the engine up or cut the inner fender well.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #4

And it's not just the bypass valves. On my trailer, the low point drains are behind the dual wheels. No way to reach without lying on the ground and crawling underneath.
2013 F150 Ecoboost
azjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #5

if that's your only "problem" with your camper, consider yourself lucky
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #6

And while we're at it-why would F.R. put the fresh water drain-dead center under my TT.I now have an elbow extension to the edge of the trailer.WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????
Old 11-04-2014, 08:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
And while we're at it-why would F.R. put the fresh water drain-dead center under my TT.I now have an elbow extension to the edge of the trailer.WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????
Is that a trick question.............
Old 11-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #8

Need to realize the people building sub assemblies like furniture and pump/ water heater skids never see the "line" or he finished products. Their job is to build sub assemblies and have no idea how they are shoe horned in.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #9

Slam and jam and get them out the door!!
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
because that's where the tank is and water doesn't drain uphill

davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bypass, cat, location, valve